PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 10:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need comments on new Dialer / CM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
However, I haven't noticed any change in the ring delay.

Unless I'm doing something wrong.
I use Inesoft & it totally eliminated the ring delay. You have to make sure you totally disable the HTC diaaler & s2a setup as you can use it either way & it won't affect the delay at all if the HT stuff is still running.

~John
Old 03-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I use Inesoft & it totally eliminated the ring delay. You have to make sure you totally disable the HTC diaaler & s2a setup as you can use it either way & it won't affect the delay at all if the HT stuff is still running.

~John
How would I go about making sure of this?
Old 03-30-2009, 10:48 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
How would I go about making sure of this?
Use Advanced Config, under the phone section, there is a section for dialer -set it to disabled.

~John
Old 03-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Use Advanced Config, under the phone section, there is a section for dialer -set it to disabled.

~John
Under Phone, I don't see an option for dialer (v3.3) but just Phone Skin which is set to disabled.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Under Phone, I don't see an option for dialer (v3.3) but just Phone Skin which is set to disabled.
Yea, that's it (I was doing it from memory earlier & didn't remember the exact terminology)

Setting that skin to disabled made my phone ring two rings earlier on incoming calls. With the HTC skin enabled, if I called my cell from my home phone I would get the phony first ring that you always get but then the TP would light up but not ring or vibrate for two more rings. That was driving me nuts, I would get calls going to VM because I wasn't fast enough to get the phone out of a belt case & answer it (or I wouldn't even hear it ring)

Now, I get that first ring, but the TP starts ringing & vibrating before the second ring even starts from my home phone. Between the faster response & using a "super loud ringtone" from Photo Contact Pro I never miss a single call.

~John
Old 03-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Yea, that's it (I was doing it from memory earlier & didn't remember the exact terminology)

Setting that skin to disabled made my phone ring two rings earlier on incoming calls. With the HTC skin enabled, if I called my cell from my home phone I would get the phony first ring that you always get but then the TP would light up but not ring or vibrate for two more rings. That was driving me nuts, I would get calls going to VM because I wasn't fast enough to get the phone out of a belt case & answer it (or I wouldn't even hear it ring)

Now, I get that first ring, but the TP starts ringing & vibrating before the second ring even starts from my home phone. Between the faster response & using a "super loud ringtone" from Photo Contact Pro I never miss a single call.

~John
Weird. I haven't had that at all. I don't use a custom dialer on my VZW TP yet, but have installed S2U2 - I guess I just have to find a proper dialer that works with it.

On my Diamond, I use PocketShield for locking and PhonEx 1.3 and that's where I expected the ring delay to come down to a minimum and I just tried the Advanced Config on that phone with nogo. I called my Diamond from my home phone. On the home phone I hear the first ring, then right before the 2nd ring I see that the Diamond's LED starts, then right when the 3rd ring starts is when my Diamond actually starts ringing.

I'm going to try and experiment with the TP now before I play more with the Diamond. Just gotta find which dialer works well with the S2U2.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

I don't use s2u2, I could never get it to work right in my TouchPro's (although it's all I ever used in my old titan's). I switched to Pocket Shield & that has been working perfectly for me.

I think I've read posts claiming that 2u2 may slow down the incoming response, but I may be wrong on that.

~John
Old 03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
I don't use s2u2, I could never get it to work right in my TouchPro's (although it's all I ever used in my old titan's). I switched to Pocket Shield & that has been working perfectly for me.

I think I've read posts claiming that 2u2 may slow down the incoming response, but I may be wrong on that.

~John
Yeah, I tried it on my Diamond long ago - but somehow it slowed me down. However, on the TP, it works well. I like it because of the new notifications that it shows up right on the lock screen (Reminders/Messages/Emails) and ofcourse, the weather.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Indredible
Threadstarter

volsmcfalls is keeping up the good workvolsmcfalls is keeping up the good work

Thanks for all the great comments / suggestions on this! Got some thinking to do now...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software