View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Devileyezz
Halfway to VIP Status

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz
Re: Need comments on new Dialer / CM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Yea, that's it (I was doing it from memory earlier & didn't remember the exact terminology)

Setting that skin to disabled made my phone ring two rings earlier on incoming calls. With the HTC skin enabled, if I called my cell from my home phone I would get the phony first ring that you always get but then the TP would light up but not ring or vibrate for two more rings. That was driving me nuts, I would get calls going to VM because I wasn't fast enough to get the phone out of a belt case & answer it (or I wouldn't even hear it ring)

Now, I get that first ring, but the TP starts ringing & vibrating before the second ring even starts from my home phone. Between the faster response & using a "super loud ringtone" from Photo Contact Pro I never miss a single call.

~John
Weird. I haven't had that at all. I don't use a custom dialer on my VZW TP yet, but have installed S2U2 - I guess I just have to find a proper dialer that works with it.

On my Diamond, I use PocketShield for locking and PhonEx 1.3 and that's where I expected the ring delay to come down to a minimum and I just tried the Advanced Config on that phone with nogo. I called my Diamond from my home phone. On the home phone I hear the first ring, then right before the 2nd ring I see that the Diamond's LED starts, then right when the 3rd ring starts is when my Diamond actually starts ringing.

I'm going to try and experiment with the TP now before I play more with the Diamond. Just gotta find which dialer works well with the S2U2.