PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G2 and HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Matchstick is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick
GuardMobile

Hey guys, I was just reading WMExperts (shout out to Maletesta, Dieter and the crew!) and read their review of Guard Mobile. And I think it seems like a really cool program. And it's not that expensive! For the kind of protection and control over that protection it delivers. Here's WMExperts review: http://www.wmexperts.com/review-guardmobile

And here's the website for the product: http://www.maspware.com/products/guardmobile/index.php

I know I'm currently thinking about getting this program. My phone means too much to me, and is way to expensive to let it get stolen. This seems like the perfect product to help with that. Check it out.

PS If any of you have it, please post your own review on here, I'd love to read it.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sp0nge is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to sp0nge Send a message via MSN to sp0nge Send a message via Yahoo to sp0nge Send a message via Skype™ to sp0nge
Re: GuardMobile

I use Sprite Mobile Swipe.. Is this one better.. I like the callback feature!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I really like this app. The wiggle alarm alone was worth the price. (scared the heck outta my 2 yr old) not nice, but very funny.
dschoenike

Old 09-21-2009, 08:51 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I really like this app. The wiggle alarm alone was worth the price. (scared the heck outta my 2 yr old) not nice, but very funny.
dschoenike
I cant get it to work, i got the newest version i think i have all the settings right. But whenever i send a sms command it will just go through, it just skips the program. What am i doing wrong?

Old 09-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 View Post
I cant get it to work, i got the newest version i think i have all the settings right. But whenever i send a sms command it will just go through, it just skips the program. What am i doing wrong?
Darn, wish i could help ya. I used it for about a month, then after a rom flash, it kinda got lost in the shuffle. I never reinstalled, and i cant remember how it worked. sorry Javierbond.
dschoenike
Old 09-22-2009, 07:38 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Darn, wish i could help ya. I used it for about a month, then after a rom flash, it kinda got lost in the shuffle. I never reinstalled, and i cant remember how it worked. sorry Javierbond.
dschoenike
Is ok iam playing around with it, i think i set it up right i just cant get it to send me any info back. Thanks anyway.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ppc_dude is a n00b

Be careful with this application. I was playing around with the trial, and then next day, I needed to reboot my phone and now it boots up in GuardMobile's locked state. It is no longer responding to SMS commands, so now I am forced to hard reset my phone.

I contacted support, and all they could say was that it was a 'feature', eventho I didn't activate it, nor do I think that the SMS command failure is a real feature.

I really like the features they advertise, but be VERY careful, make sure you have backups. I found another post referring to this exact same problem experienced by another user, so it isn't just me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software