PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Google Voice includes SMS! (The old GrandCentral)

I've been using GC on my Touch Pro through Opera for a while now, but now GrandCentral is going to be Google Voice. And the really good news, looks like it will now do SMS as well!

https://www.google.com/voice/about#

Quote:
Google number - One number for all your calls and SMS
Google voicemail - Voicemail as easy as email, with transcripts
Voice features - More cool things you can do with Google Voice
A few more details on the new stuff:

1. Transcriptions: Now, in addition to being able to listen to your voicemail messages, you can choose to have your new voicemails automatically transcribed. You'll see these transcriptions in your inbox and will be able to search for voicemails. Transcriptions are also included in email and SMS notifications. They are fully automated, so they aren't perfect, but we'll be working to improve this in the future.

2. SMS support: When somebody sends an SMS to your Google Voice number, that SMS will be relayed to each of your forwarding cell phones and stored in your inbox. You can reply from your computer or from any of your mobile phones and the conversation will be saved in your inbox. You'll be able to read through the conversation thread and search for past messages.

3. Conference calling: If you want to talk to more than one person at once, just tell everyone to call you on your Google number. When you get a call waiting notification, you will have the option to press 5 to add them to your existing call.

I still can't find any invite links on my account, but new signups look to be coming very soon...

Quote:
When can I sign up?
We expect to have the service ready for new users in a matter of weeks, and are focused on opening it as soon as possible.

What if I reserved a number on the GrandCentral site before?
We will be emailing you when Google Voice is open to the public to sign up for the service.

How much does it cost?

The service is free.

What do I do if I am already a GrandCentral user?

To upgrade to Google Voice, sign in to your GrandCentral account and follow the instructions at the top of your inbox.

Last edited by 02840; 03-12-2009 at 02:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

epitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regularepitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regularepitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regularepitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Grandcentral = Google Voice. Includes SMS!

this looks pretty cool

If I helped you in anyway, hit that THANKS
Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Touch Pro + Touch Diamond

rgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to rgildoss Send a message via MSN to rgildoss
Re: GrandCentral = Google Voice. Includes SMS!

i have it as well ..i dont think they are yet excepting anyone new ...i had heard that they were going to charge for service ..not sure if that is still the case. If they do charge i will be closing mine ...i do like but i like it free ..LOL
Old 03-12-2009, 09:32 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgildoss View Post
i have it as well ..i dont think they are yet excepting anyone new ...i had heard that they were going to charge for service ..not sure if that is still the case. If they do charge i will be closing mine ...i do like but i like it free ..LOL
the op says its free, did ya read that part?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

I've been a Grand Central user for awhile now, can't wait to get my invite to migrate over to Google Voice, has anyone gotten their invites yet?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

i can pretty much guarantee you voicemails from people like my friend Carlos will be a bunch of gobbally guke. His accent is really thick.

I'd get a text message like "Heelo, eevon? eets me Carlawce. Me and Errik weel be gewing to dee bar toni. Meet us there eewkay? Later bradwer"

Old 03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

how does this compare to other services like it?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the Software Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

This would be pretty awesome if it is in fact free.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:22 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestick00 View Post
This would be pretty awesome if it is in fact free.
yes but still the question remains, what would get sent for inaudible messages? You know how many times I get voicemails that are just epic farts from my friends? Would I get a text message saying "New voicemail from Matt: FBBLLTLFBFBLLTTTBBT"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software