PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   [APP] Shp Finance 2.51 [2/23/10] [VGA/QVGA/Wide] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60193)

Cicatrize 03-06-2009 03:09 PM

[APP] Shp Finance 2.51 [2/23/10] [VGA/QVGA/Wide]

1 Attachment(s)
Please click Thanks if you download this software. It helps to see how many people downloaded.

Shp Mobile Software
Finance 2.51 (last revision 2/23/10)

http://www.shpsoftware.com

Comments:
Shp programs are currently free, but I have spent hundreds of hours coding them. If you would like to make a small donation, it would be greatly appreciated since I have worked very hard to make these programs better for the community.

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Download:

.CAB file listed below (or click this link)

http://www.shpsoftware.com/images/fi...reenshot_1.jpg http://www.shpsoftware.com/images/fi...reenshot_2.jpg http://www.shpsoftware.com/images/fi...reenshot_3.jpg http://www.shpsoftware.com/images/fi...reenshot_4.jpg http://www.shpsoftware.com/images/fi...reenshot_5.jpg http://www.shpsoftware.com/images/fi...reenshot_6.jpg

System Requirements:
- Windows Mobile 6.5, 6.1, 6, 5, Pocket PC 2003
- VGA, QVGA, WVGA, WQVGA, QVGA Square
- .NET Compact Framework 2.0+

Current devices tested on and confirmed working:
HTC Touch Pro 2

Program Information:
Shp Finance is a program for Windows Mobile to help you with your monthly budget. There are four tabs when you open the application. The first is the Income tab, where you enter in your income amounts, the frequency of your pay rate (hourly, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly), tax percentage, bonus amount, bonus taxes, and any overtime hours along with how much your overtime is worth (0.5x - 3.0x). When adding or editing an income item, you may also enter any pre-tax and post-tax deductions (health insurance, 401(k)) that are removed from your paycheck each pay period. The second tab is for Expenses, where you enter in all of your monthly expenses, how much they cost, and what day they're due (optional). Shp Finance automatically calculates how much (in percentage) of your monthly net pay is used by each expense. In the third tab, you can manually keep track of your ledger in your checking account by adding your credits and debits. Selecting Credit (+) will automatically give you a list of your income sources to auto-fill the amounts, and selecting Debit (-) will give you your expenses. The fourth and final tab is the Wallet tab. Here, you can store your personal information including credit card numbers, account numbers, logins for websites, SSN, and any other personal data you'd like to keep on hand. All the information is encrypted in the file, so people can not see your data. Password protection is recommended for files with this data.

There are options to password protect your files, notify you of upcoming expenses when a profile is loaded, an option to open your last opened profile when the program loads, save your files in a backup location, and a few more. All information is saved in MBF files, so you can create multiple profiles if you wish, or have a different file for each month!

Download the CAB file below.

Change Log:
Code:

2/23/10 - Version 2.51
[ADD] Option to use a pop-up number entry on numeric text fields
[ADD] Ledger items can now be shown from a specific date range (All, Last Week - Last Year)
[CHG] Entire application recoded in C#
[CHG] New application icon
[CHG] Smoother code operation, faster in some spots
[CHG] Added culture-specific formatting throughout the app
[FIX] Extra columns in Wallet are hidden

11/2/09 - Version 2.50
[FIX] Auto-column width in lists on WM6.5 fixed
[FIX] Editing "Other" deductions now loads edit window properly with "Other"
[ADD] Password protection is now per-file based (File>Settings>Password)
[ADD] Backup save location option available
[ADD] Preview for list font sizes in options
[ADD] Calc button when adding/editing income to auto-calculate tax based on net paycheck amt
[ADD] Website on About window
[ADD] Post-Tax Deductions
[ADD] New deduction default sources
[CHG] Adding a credit in ledger auto-calculates minus deductions (if same pay frequency)
[CHG] Deductions now added and edited in each income source separately
[CHG] Modified menu structure
[CHG] Changed verbiage in a few spots
[CHG] Modified overall layout to better utilize bigger screens (i.e. WVGA)
[CHG] Resized tabs throughout program for better finger pressing.
[CHG] Moved Expense totals and disposable income from old Budget tab to Expense tab
[CHG] Renamed Income and Expense tabs to their full names again
[DEL] Removed income totals from budget tab, as well as budget tab itself
[DEL] Removed Exporting to Text option.  I'll add something better later.

Version 2.41 - 8/5/09
[CHG] Tax percentage now up to 3 digits (ex. 12.345%)
[FIX] Taxed income more accurate, old formula was flawed
[FIX] Multi-region currency support, tested and working
[FIX] Bug opening MBF file with only ledger/wallet data

Version 2.40 - 4/8/09
[DEL] CAB file no longer sets up registry entries for settings.  After this version, new installs will keep settings.
[CHG] Tax percentage now manually entered (rounds to 2 digits)
[FIX] Bug when exiting with X with unsaved changes & canceling
[FIX] Bug with due date from last opened expense sticking when editing other expense

Version 2.30 - 3/27/09
[CHG] Re-release for a rename to Shp Finance
[FIX] A couple tiny bugs

Version 2.22 - 3/23/09
[FIX] Now unable to edit oldest item in ledger
[FIX] Bugs with "edit" function on ledger not working properly
[FIX] Bug that did not allow adding of ledger items...
[ADD] Version History tab on About window

Version 2.21 - 3/23/09
[CHG] Income list is one item larger
[ADD] After adding ledger item, it is selected on list
[FIX] Adding income in ledger, auto-calculated amount is taxed

Version 2.20 - 3/23/09
[CHG] Program name is now myFinance
[ADD] Click-Hold stylus on lists shows pop-up menu with Add/Edit/Remove
[ADD] Ledger tab: Keep track of your credits, debits, and balance
[ADD] Wallet tab: Store Credit Cards, Accounts, Logins, etc.
[ADD] List Sorting: Click column header once for ascending, twice for descending
[CHG] Tabs sized smaller again and retitled to fit all 5 on screen
[FIX] Errors caused by various other countries' currency characters
[FIX] Budget tab updates properly now
[FIX] Income list: Clicking selected list item opened edit, now must dbl click
[FIX] Random minor bugs and validation issues
[DEL] Removed check box for startup tab option, now just defaults to Income

Version 2.10 - 3/16/09
[FIX] Editing income, if changed from Hourly -> *, hours are removed
[FIX] Password window lag gone, even when changing screen orientation
[FIX] Resize lists on Income tab properly for landscape vert scrollbar
[ADJ] Application load time has been reduced
[ADD] Double click list items to edit them
[ADD] Auto build/revision numbers on About window version
[CHG] Increased size of tabs to be more finger friendly
[CHG] When SIP is up on income add window, scrollbars are visible
[ADD] Password window opens SIP by default
[ADD] VERY basic text file exporting
[ADD] Option for startup tab
[ADD] Option to change font size for income, deduction, and exp lists
[CHG] Default font for lists is 8pt instead of 9pt
[NOTE] Now testing on 240x400 (Omnia res) also,  Looks good

Version 2.00 - 3/13/09
[CHG] Income tab: Multiple Income sources list
[ADD] Pre-Tax Deductions (health insurance, 401k) list
[ADD] Each tab now has its own menu
[ADD] Hourly Income rate as frequency option
[ADD] Due Date for expenses (optional)
[ADD] Options window
[ADD] Option to password protect files
[ADD] Option to notify user of upcoming expenses when file is opened
[ADD] Opening last opened profile on app load is now an option
[CHG] Edit/Remove options grayed out when nothing is selected
[ADD] Icon for program finally added.
[ADD] Icon for MBF files added (same as app icon)
[ADD] File System - opening MBF files launches myBudget and loads profile
[ADD] Encryption for MBF files - text editor will see garbage
[ADD] New About window
[CHG] MBF files more universal for added fields in future versions
[DEL] Version 1.0 MBF files will not work with version 2.0+, sorry.

Version 1.00 - 3/6/09
[FIX] App saves changes when user clicks "yes" when closing.

Special Thanks: (These individuals contributed to some of the great ideas implemented -or soon to be- in this program)
mkeith813, woody88, rainfreak, and my father who's an accountant. :D

InvincibleLiving 03-06-2009 03:40 PM

Re: myBudget 1.0 - Monthly budget application

been kooing for something like this!!

Cicatrize 03-06-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nautica2450 (Post 756993)
been kooing for something like this!!

Good to hear! I have too, but the best I found on freewarepocketpc was an app that only does monthly expenses and no budgeting...not much of a point, lol.

Let me know what you think of it!

InvincibleLiving 03-06-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 757008)
Good to hear! I have too, but the best I found on freewarepocketpc was an app that only does monthly expenses and no budgeting...not much of a point, lol.

Let me know what you think of it!

i love the percentage breakdown per item. that's awesome!

WanderingMinstrel 03-06-2009 03:52 PM

My budget has been hopeless. Especially lately! LOL on the outside, COL on the inside. I'll give this a try. Thanks for developing it.

Cicatrize 03-06-2009 04:11 PM

I've re-uploaded the CAB file because there was an issue with closing the program without saving changes, when you selected YES to save changes, it wouldn't save. Should work now. Sorry! lol

redd214 03-06-2009 04:28 PM

geat app, thanx!!!

Cicatrize 03-06-2009 04:32 PM

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see added to the app, functionality or visual. I built the app for myself, so I don't really know other things people might want. Any ideas will be considered.

mkeith813 03-06-2009 04:46 PM

Great app!! along with the list of expenses, a due date for those expenses would be cool too. Like and expense control along with your budget. thanks

Hafrust 03-06-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see added to the app, functionality or visual. I built the app for myself, so I don't really know other things people might want. Any ideas will be considered.
I'd like to see you add your bank account numbers, ssn, date of birth, and mother's maiden name...that would be fantastic! That would help me tremendously with my budget. :D Seriously though, it is a nice app. Good work!

Cicatrize 03-06-2009 04:57 PM

Good ideas! These are things I will look into. Thanks.

I've also added a donate button to the main post. I will not continue working on this until everyone donates $200 each.

lol, j/k :D

mkeith813 03-06-2009 04:59 PM

$200 does not fit into my budget according to the program. LOL

Cicatrize 03-06-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkeith813 (Post 757163)

ROFL!

Cicatrize 03-06-2009 05:13 PM

Can anyone confirm if this runs on .NET Framework less than 3.5? I'd like to find out what the minimal framework version is.

rainfreak 03-06-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkeith813 (Post 757163)

Indeed a priceless comment, thanks for making a bad day at work enjoyable, even for just a moment :)

rainfreak 03-06-2009 05:21 PM

@Cicatrize;

Nice looking app, I will check it out when I get home and have more time to play with it. Thanks for developing your own solution and sharing it with everyone here.

Cicatrize 03-06-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 757211)
@Cicatrize;

Nice looking app, I will check it out when I get home and have more time to play with it. Thanks for developing your own solution and sharing it with everyone here.

Thanks, rainfreak. I noticed your sig says that you're willing to surrender your server resources for apps. :) Would you mind hosting this app so I can provide a nice download link on freewarepocketpc.net?

rainfreak 03-06-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 757216)
Thanks, rainfreak. I noticed your sig says that you're willing to surrender your server resources for apps. :) Would you mind hosting this app so I can provide a nice download link on freewarepocketpc.net?

No problem, I would be glad to. I am getting ready to leave my office but tonight from home I will download the app and the upload it to my server. I'll pm you the link so that you can add it to freewarepocketpc.net and wherever else.

Cicatrize 03-06-2009 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkeith813 (Post 757144)
Great app!! along with the list of expenses, a due date for those expenses would be cool too. Like and expense control along with your budget. thanks

What do you think about this?

(see attached jpg)

mkeith813 03-06-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 757357)
What do you think about this?

(see attached jpg)

Thats Fantastic!! I also noticed it does not have an icon for the menu. I think you're definitely on to something here. I've for a while for a good finances app and this in its first version is better than anything else ive seen.

woody88 03-06-2009 07:57 PM

since this is dealing with more confidential data versus other people's phone numbers, how about getting an option out at the beginning of the application to see if you want to use a password unlock the application? and of course a no password option should be available too!

Cicatrize 03-06-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkeith813 (Post 757457)
Thats Fantastic!! I also noticed it does not have an icon for the menu. I think you're definitely on to something here. I've for a while for a good finances app and this in its first version is better than anything else ive seen.

Thanks a lot. That means so much to hear! I'm still trying to figure out how to add icons to the application. Nothing I try works. I'm kinda figuring things out as I go. I've been coding in VB6 since it came out about 10 years ago (and vb5 and vb4 before that), and I just started using Visual Studio .NET for VB.NET and C# applications about a month ago, so there are still some things that are confusing the crap out of me, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody88 (Post 757512)
since this is dealing with more confidential data versus other people's phone numbers, how about getting an option out at the beginning of the application to see if you want to use a password unlock the application? and of course a no password option should be available too!

This will definitely be an option later on, as I've already planned on doing it. This 1.0 version is really more of a beta. I wanted to test the waters to see if people would even be interested in something like this, and it looks like they are, so I will be adding options to the program very soon, of which will be a password option. This will be in either the next release, or the one after that, but definitely soon.

TheRealHotshot 03-06-2009 10:05 PM

Re: [3/6/09] myBudget 1.0 - Monthly budget app (QVGA & VGA)

just downloaded about to try it out!

imneveral0ne 03-07-2009 11:30 PM

i havent installed it, but my brother said there was some license thing he had to get after 30 days. i see in the first post that it says its free. is he mistaken or is there something that you have to do to get a license?

freeza 03-07-2009 11:37 PM

Awesome program! Is that your real budgte? lol :)

Cicatrize 03-08-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 759000)
i havent installed it, but my brother said there was some license thing he had to get after 30 days. i see in the first post that it says its free. is he mistaken or is there something that you have to do to get a license?

There's no license. I'm not sure where he got that information, since it's only been out for a day, lol.

This is not shareware, it's freeware. :)

Cicatrize 03-08-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeza (Post 759012)
Awesome program! Is that your real budgte? lol :)

Lol, no, but if I made that much money, I'd probably have similar expenses! :D

InvincibleLiving 03-08-2009 12:01 PM

great work on the update!! thanks

Cicatrize 03-08-2009 02:20 PM

Update:

I've been working on a few things for the version 1.1 release (should be sometime later this week). These include the following:

- Option for password protecting the app
- Option for notification of upcoming expenses. (user can choose between next 1-7 days)
- Addition of Due Date for expenses (will not be required). This will show as a day of the month (i.e. 25th, 2nd, etc)
- Addition of post-tax paycheck distributions (401k, Insurance, etc).
- Flirting with the idea of adding an "Hourly" pay option, but that would require another box for hours per week, and Windows Mobile doesn't really give me much room to work...lol. I'd like to hear some second opinions about this option...
- Not that the app needed to be any smaller, but I've cleaned up the code a lot...preparing for the future, I guess.
- I'm also considering re-organizing the income tab to be kinda like the expense tab is, with a list-view of income that would show kinda like this:
Code:

[Amt      Desc      Freq    Tax]
  [--------------------------------]
  [$500.00  myJob    Weekly  25%]
  [$275.00  Bonus    Monthly  30%]
  [$120.38  Overtime  Weekly  25%]

This would make the income section MUCH more user-customizable, and allow for much more free space on the income tab that could be used for the post-tax distributions like mentioned above (401k, health ins, etc), which would also be in a list-view.

Let me know what you guys think of this...

The way I've done the coding so far, your myBudget 1.0 saved profiles will load into version 1.1 just fine.

rainfreak 03-08-2009 03:55 PM

Those are some very cool features that you are adding into the app. My only suggestion would be a way to export your data out in either a flat file or xml file for printing, email, etc. To me this would mak eit a pretty complete package.

mkeith813 03-08-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 759840)
Those are some very cool features that you are adding into the app. My only suggestion would be a way to export your data out in either a flat file or xml file for printing, email, etc. To me this would mak eit a pretty complete package.

I agree. An xml file would be great for archiving and the chance to look at the entire thing at once. Keep up the great work!

Cicatrize 03-08-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 759840)

I could actually export all of the data fairly easily into an Excel sheet, if that would be preferred. I deal with that sort of thing daily at my job (I'm a developer), so it wouldn't be too difficult.

Would an Excel file be better than an XML file? Personally, I'd like it better, but I'd rather hear what you guys suggest.

Thanks, though. That's a GREAT idea!

mkeith813 03-08-2009 07:06 PM

An excel sheet would be good. Easy to deal with.

Cicatrize 03-08-2009 07:28 PM

Ok, this is definitely going to take a while. Since I'm switching to a new format for the Income interface, I may have to scrap the backwards compatibility for MBF files, sorry. I could code it, but it would be a lot of unnecessary code that really doesn't need to be there.

Once I'm done with that, I'll start working on the Excel exporting.

rainfreak 03-08-2009 07:33 PM

Yeah Excel would be good too. Actually, you could add the Excel export functionality into the current version and an excel import function into the new build. This would allow users to not have to re-enter everything because the new build would import all of their information form the original build. Just a thought...

mkeith813 03-08-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 760154)
Yeah Excel would be good too. Actually, you could add the Excel export functionality into the current version and an excel import function into the new build. This would allow users to not have to re-enter everything because the new build would import all of their information form the original build. Just a thought...

Great idea. Im sure lots of people are already using the program in depth so that would make the transition much easier.

Cicatrize 03-08-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 760154)

This is a good idea, but I've already completely torn apart the Income tab. I might add the functionality to import 1.0 files somehow...we'll see.

If not, it'll be worth it. This new version should be pretty nice. :)

mkeith813 03-08-2009 09:48 PM

im sure it will be worth plugging in the info again

Cicatrize 03-08-2009 10:28 PM

I added some special thanks under the Change Log, because without user suggestions, this would never get anywhere. :)

Cicatrize 03-09-2009 09:59 AM

Holy crap, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get v1.1 done this week, but I will be posting some teaser images of the new layout pretty soon most likely.

The way it's looking, v1.1 will be at least DOUBLE the file size of 1.0, and I keep getting crazy ideas to add into it. I'm going to encrypt the data that's stored in the .mbf files so that a text editor will only see gibberish instead of the details. Since I'm adding so much to this, there's a lot of field validation going on as well, and that's taking up a lot of the time. I will keep posting in this thread when the status changes.

I REALLY hope you guys will like this new version because I've been spending night and day on it. I even updated my VisualStudio .NET at WORK with the Windows Mobile 6 Pro SDK and my emulator with 6.1 images...this could get dangerous. lol