PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 01:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[4/16/09] iContact v.93 is out now (now with sensor scroll and faster recents)

New version out now, see the quoted box below for more details. Past version's changelogs can be seen on the developer's site.
Noteable features: recents list loads faster and the addition of gravity to sensor scroll, which makes the sensor scroll more/less depending on tilt angle of phone.

Great app, continually being updated and improved. I love the grid display of the letters and find it much easier to get to the contacts. Yes it still supports normal finger scrolling as well. Give it a try! Here's the xda thread about it. This can be used on QVGA and VGA devices, but your device must have a G-sensor for the tilt scrolling to work. It does work on the touch pro, although not noted in the author's post. Skins can be found here.

(taken from the xda thread)
Quote:
A new edition of iContact is ready for download, v0.93, which speeds up the load time for recents by 60 TIMES. There's also a new icon to match the new VGA theme, and a few tweaks here and there.

Here's the full list of improvements:
  • Sped up recents list load time by 60 TIMES!
  • Added error message for missing skin
  • Added "gravity" setting to registry (accepts values from -100 to 100)
  • Fixed screen flicker on long press (thanks l3v5y!)
  • Gave title bar battery better resolution
  • Updated icon with VGA to match default skin
  • Updated Favorite Category setting to display all categories, not just in-use
  • Made iContact detect new skin/language installation
  • Restored ability to scroll down from bottom of list and up from top of list
I've worked really hard in my nights and weekends to bring you these new updates. If you like them, please consider a donation via my web site. As a thank you, I will give donors access to beta versions of iContact.

Please see my website for more details.
To activate the sensor scrolling feature:
Place you thumb in the middle of the dpad (like the center "enter key" on the dpad), but do NOT actually press the button. Just hold your thumb over the center key, and then tilt the screen and it will start scrolling. To stop the scrolling, tilt the phone less, or to completely stop it, lift your thumb off of the button.

The iContact configurations is located under:
Settings > System > iContact

Note: The following are the default skin, and the "iphone" skin. Both are present when installing the cab. Skins can be changed under the configuration menu. Even more skins can be downloaded here.

Attached Files
File Type: cab iContact.cab (98.7 KB, 61 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 04-16-2009 at 10:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:26 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [3/3/09] iContact v.92 is out now (NOW WITH SENSOR SCROLL!!!)

the sensor scrolling is so fn cool, works on the TP as well.

It scrolls faster the more you tilt your device. Truly awesome.

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-03-2009 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i would really like to set this to my left soft key on my sprint TP. i thought i could use diamondtweak but it just has the stock contact. could someone point me in the right direction please?

i love icontact. i've been using it since my titan days. please keep up the good work. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You just need to edit the registry and point it to icontact. Below is an the location with an example.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila]
"HomeLSKPath"="\\Program Files\\iContact\\iContact.exe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaresace View Post
i would really like to set this to my left soft key on my sprint TP. i thought i could use diamondtweak but it just has the stock contact. could someone point me in the right direction please?

i love icontact. i've been using it since my titan days. please keep up the good work. Thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor

This contact manager is awesome, a true must have app.

I don't know how practical it will end up being, but the tilt scrolling is one of the coolest features right now in any program.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedNuts1 View Post
I don't know how practical it will end up being, but the tilt scrolling is one of the coolest features right now in any program.
I've been playing around with it quite a bit now and I think I'm getting the hang of it. I think it will end up being quite a usable function, especially if you're only using one hand.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Note: If your device does not have a home key, this app can still me minimized by hitting the "End" key or by pressing up where the battery meter is inside of iContact. It is a little hard to do that way, but still possible.

To get this mapped inside of TF3D to the "All Contacts" softkey, look at this post, in this thread, about this xda app.

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-03-2009 at 03:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:30 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Also, just so everyone knows:

This program installs a settings program where many of its features can be customized. To get to it, go to Start > Settings > System > iContact
Old 03-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

almoreno2k is a n00b

I had the old version of this so I thought I install the new version. 1 thing I can't find is the texting history as well as the threaded texting. Where is it?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by almoreno2k View Post
I had the old version of this so I thought I install the new version. 1 thing I can't find is the texting history as well as the threaded texting. Where is it?
Are you sure you're not confusing this with pocketcm? I could be wrong, but I don't think iContact has ever threaded the text messages. At least I've never used it for that feature, since winmo started threading them natively.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software