View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 01:46 AM
GoodGets
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[4/16/09] iContact v.93 is out now (now with sensor scroll and faster recents)

New version out now, see the quoted box below for more details. Past version's changelogs can be seen on the developer's site.
Noteable features: recents list loads faster and the addition of gravity to sensor scroll, which makes the sensor scroll more/less depending on tilt angle of phone.

Great app, continually being updated and improved. I love the grid display of the letters and find it much easier to get to the contacts. Yes it still supports normal finger scrolling as well. Give it a try! Here's the xda thread about it. This can be used on QVGA and VGA devices, but your device must have a G-sensor for the tilt scrolling to work. It does work on the touch pro, although not noted in the author's post. Skins can be found here.

(taken from the xda thread)
Quote:
A new edition of iContact is ready for download, v0.93, which speeds up the load time for recents by 60 TIMES. There's also a new icon to match the new VGA theme, and a few tweaks here and there.

Here's the full list of improvements:
  • Sped up recents list load time by 60 TIMES!
  • Added error message for missing skin
  • Added "gravity" setting to registry (accepts values from -100 to 100)
  • Fixed screen flicker on long press (thanks l3v5y!)
  • Gave title bar battery better resolution
  • Updated icon with VGA to match default skin
  • Updated Favorite Category setting to display all categories, not just in-use
  • Made iContact detect new skin/language installation
  • Restored ability to scroll down from bottom of list and up from top of list
I've worked really hard in my nights and weekends to bring you these new updates. If you like them, please consider a donation via my web site. As a thank you, I will give donors access to beta versions of iContact.

Please see my website for more details.
To activate the sensor scrolling feature:
Place you thumb in the middle of the dpad (like the center "enter key" on the dpad), but do NOT actually press the button. Just hold your thumb over the center key, and then tilt the screen and it will start scrolling. To stop the scrolling, tilt the phone less, or to completely stop it, lift your thumb off of the button.

The iContact configurations is located under:
Settings > System > iContact

Note: The following are the default skin, and the "iphone" skin. Both are present when installing the cab. Skins can be changed under the configuration menu. Even more skins can be downloaded here.

Attached Files
File Type: cab iContact.cab (98.7 KB, 61 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 04-16-2009 at 10:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.