PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

supbro is keeping up the good worksupbro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/3/09] iContact v.92 is out now (NOW WITH SENSOR SCROLL!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Note: If your device does not have a home key, this app can still me minimized by hitting the "End" key or by pressing up where the battery meter is inside of iContact. It is a little hard to do that way, but still possible.

To get this mapped inside of TF3D to the "All Contacts" softkey, look at this post, in this thread, about this xda app.
Thanks for pointing that out GoodGets! I put it on my faqs page:

http://www.supware.net/iContact/faq/

Ericsson T28z < SonyEricsson T68 < SonyEricsson T610 < HTC Typhoon < HTC Tornado < HTC Titan < HTC Victor
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by supbro View Post
Thanks for pointing that out GoodGets! I put it on my faqs page:

http://www.supware.net/iContact/faq/
Oooooo, thank you for the shout out on your faq page.

Glad to have helped a little with an app I love so much.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 03-05-2009, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

almoreno2k is a n00b

Quote:
Are you sure you're not confusing this with pocketcm? I could be wrong, but I don't think iContact has ever threaded the text messages. At least I've never used it for that feature, since winmo started threading them natively.

you are right. thanks for saving me the headache!!! still a good app tho.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

abdeviation is keeping up the good workabdeviation is keeping up the good work

grr. this isn't working. I just reflashed with the newest version of Mighty Rom and the sensor scrolling isn't working for me
Old 03-05-2009, 04:36 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdeviation View Post
grr. this isn't working. I just reflashed with the newest version of Mighty Rom and the sensor scrolling isn't working for me
Let me see if I can help:
To activate the sensor scroll, place your thumb in the middle of the dpad (like the center button), but do NOT actually press the button. Just just place your thumb there, and then tilt the screen and it will start scrolling. I have no idea how supbro did this, I think it really is magic.

Lift your thumb off to stop scrolling.

(Edit: to not seem prejudiced, any digit on you hand can be used as well, it's not just thumb specific, don't want any legal issues! [sorry that was random])

(Edit #2: this is unclear, added to the op)

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-05-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

abdeviation is keeping up the good workabdeviation is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Let me see if I can help:
To activate the sensor scroll, place your thumb in the middle of the dpad (like the center button), but do NOT actually press the button. Just just place your thumb there, and then tilt the screen and it will start scrolling. I have no idea how supbro did this, I think it really is magic.

Lift your thumb off to stop scrolling.

(Edit: to not seem prejudiced, any digit on you hand can be used as well, it's not just thumb specific, don't want any legal issues! [sorry that was random])

(Edit #2: this is unclear, added to the op)
its not working. I'm so sad
Old 03-06-2009, 05:11 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:

Quote:
its not working. I'm so sad
Standard or Lite? Have you tried this with any other roms? Cause Mike's is usually one of the cleanest, it's just weird that it won't work for you. Anyone else using Mike's care to share your experience?

I use KK's loaded 1.7 and this app works flawlessly for me.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work

This is by far and away THE best contact app I have come across. It is well thought out, finger friendly, extremely smooth, intuitive, and beautiful. There are pay apps out there, from some big companies (Resco) that can't touch iContact in my opinion.

I have one request and one question:

Is it possible to open the app to the favorites category? In the iContact system settings, there is a "Favorite Category" option which is selected to auto but when I press that button, nothing happens. What is that button for and is mine not working right?

Request: The only thing keeping me from saying this app is PERFECT is I would like to see thumbnails next to my contacts. Any way this can be done?
Old 03-06-2009, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhigh View Post
This is by far and away THE best contact app I have come across. It is well thought out, finger friendly, extremely smooth, intuitive, and beautiful. There are pay apps out there, from some big companies (Resco) that can't touch iContact in my opinion.
I completely agree

Quote:
I have one request and one question:

Is it possible to open the app to the favorites category? In the iContact system settings, there is a "Favorite Category" option which is selected to auto but when I press that button, nothing happens. What is that button for and is mine not working right?
I think this is what you're looking for:
Inside of iContact, when you click on an actual contact and are taken to the screen that displays all their numbers, there is a gray star in the upper right hand corner. Pressing this star, makes this contact one of your favorites. This not only changes their name to yellow in the all contacts tab, but they will also show up in the Favorite Category. (you can go back to the star and tap it again, to demote the contact to just a regular joe)

Quote:
Request: The only thing keeping me from saying this app is PERFECT is I would like to see thumbnails next to my contacts. Any way this can be done?
There was a version of iContact that did this. It was called Burt Edition, but it is no longer being developed. Someone has tried to take over the project, but hasn't made any releases yet.

Yeah this would be a cool feature to implement. Supbro, maybe in an upcoming version? iContact would be the undeniable king then.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the reply. I am familiar with setting the favorites. I guess what I'm asking is how do I get the app to open at the favorites contacts as opposed to opening in the all contacts?

Also in the systems pages what does the selection "favorite category" do? Mine is set to auto but can not be changed. Nothing happens when I press this button.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software