PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nitrogen Player v0.3.2 (definitely my new mp3 player)

I have thanks each of every one of you. You are right, this is why I love the forum. I had read, re=read, but just couldn't get it to work.

The above explanations from GoodGets got me going. The problem was adding the folder, then the subfolders, that is where I missed it. I checked each one after adding, and added flawlessly. And I appreciate the offer to help off line from darren, but looks good right now.=D>

I had already loaded the scroll wheel, love the application. I have always had fits with WMP, really hate using it as player. If you move, you lost your little column - - such a pain unless you are setting still, not in sun, etc.

This downloaded all songs together, in order, just as good as a play list, which now that I know how to do, will save so much time.

Thanks again guys, great information and help. I am sure it will help others too, this easy to use directions is better than the xda thread.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Two more silly questions for you. Player is working great, really like it but see two quirks.

First, the Play button is usually the right arrow, the two upward lines are pause. On mine it is reversed - arrow pauses, Lines play. Is this right? I can live with it up curious.

Second, when I copied folders from Browser/Music folders, all artists are listed. When I hit Browser, it shows artists. When I use Scroll Wheel skin (love it), all artists are unknown. Since I know the names of the songs, are some of the within the group, I can figure out who it is, but just wondered.

Did I mess up loading or is this normal? Don't know if it is worth the effort to delete everything and start over, but . .
Old 04-06-2009, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
First, the Play button is usually the right arrow, the two upward lines are pause. On mine it is reversed - arrow pauses, Lines play. Is this right? I can live with it up curious.
I don't know if they are actually reversed, or you aren't thinking of it right. Like WHILE a song is playing, the Pause button should be shown. Since the song is already playing, the play button should not be shown. Vice versa if the song is Paused, then the play button should be apparent cause that's the next logical action (to PLAY the song you've paused). I mean this is the way it works in all players, even something like hulu.

However, if you mean they are actually showing up oppositely of what I just described, then there may be something wrong with the skin. Try another. I use manilalike. Or, you might want to try reinstalling.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 04-06-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
Second, when I copied folders from Browser/Music folders, all artists are listed. When I hit Browser, it shows artists. When I use Scroll Wheel skin (love it), all artists are unknown. Since I know the names of the songs, are some of the within the group, I can figure out who it is, but just wondered.

Did I mess up loading or is this normal? Don't know if it is worth the effort to delete everything and start over, but . .
I show both the name of the song and the artist as well. Maybe you have not labeled your songs correctly. I don't think this uses id3 tags in this version, but the actual properties of the file. Anyways, it is working correctly for me, sorry to hear that. Maybe try a different skin as I mentioned above.

Last edited by GoodGets; 04-06-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

GoodGets, you are so right. In my mind, and I swear I did, I opened Media Player after you wrote this - they are both the same. I must have had a blond moment after fighting with WMP all weekend to download music - using Limewire (on my kid's computer), transfer to mine, upload to phone, then finangle with these players.

I am correct, the artist doesn't show for some reason. It is on WMP, it went onto Diamond Media Player correctly, loaded from artist files into Nitrogen. Changed skins, same, but that is okay - I have a player that works!!! So buttons are right, scroll wheel is great, can find songs easily, I'm happy.

This was the last step in setting phone up correctly to really like it, I spend a lot of time outside in summer, don't want phone and Ipod, so this will work great.

Again, thanks for the help, I feel I was a little dense, but explanations really helped.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hi guys, I'm back with one more pain in the butt question.

Nitrogen is working great, love it, but lost the Music Tab on stock Diamond. It now just says searching. All buttons on tab show nothing, no albums, songs, etc. However, search of Internal Storage/Music has everything.
All were copied to Nitrogen, it shows and plays. Checking My Mobile Device thru Active Sync shows everything.

MusicTab or WM Tab will not pull up anything. I tried to copy new download today from My Music in Device via Nitrogen Browser. It saw it but wound't copy, so I guess I need to fix.

Are there any floating cabs or fixes for this? Don't want to hard reset so thought I would ask before I called Advanced Tech Support and try. I trust you guys more!!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:38 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

dl songs from mp3raid.com and try them songs. title,artists and some albumart. try them in there own folder and see if that helps. mp3raid.com is the best free direct dl imo!
Old 06-07-2009, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [6/7/09] - Nitrogen v1.0.0 (definitely my new mp3 player)

F@#k yes!! New version was just released today.

I had been waiting on this for so long. I have literally checked the xda thread every day for the past 104 days. Anyways, new version is out and first post is now updated. Have fun!
Old 06-08-2009, 06:11 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

thanks Goody Good man
Old 06-08-2009, 10:46 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Goody man, did u get the aVRCP to work?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software