PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 11:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPB BAckup Issues

Ok so I use SPB backup all the time.

I have included in my ROM additional inbox features such as delete all and mark all as read for email and text messages. Well when I backup my device and then restore the same backup about 3 or 4 times I start seeing a n issue.
Once the restore completes if I go to the inbox and select "delete all" for all my texts or whatever the device turns on the bluetooth and does not delete the messages.

weird huh.. I just thought I would share..

This only happens after my 3rd or 4th restore..

Let me know if yuo find any more issues with SPB backup.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

speck is becoming a great contributor
Re: SPB BAckup Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
Let me know if yuo find any more issues with SPB backup.
I finally removed spb backup (before my trial was up). I know a lot of people really like it and don't have any trouble - but it seemed to caused some glitches for me.

I installed from the PC through Active Sync, then I did a backup. The next time I tried to hook my phone to the PC, I got an 'unrecoverable error' for spb backup - you know the one Microsoft asks if you want to send a report to them about. Other than the error, nothing seemed to be affected, so I wrote that one off as a fluke.

The next time I got the error, I wasn't connected to the PC - I was either trying to access the Internet or Sprint TV. That time I got in an endless loop of errors - I'd send the error to Microsoft, I'd try to do something else on the phone - another error - all in spbbackup.exe. I tried hitting 'not send' on the error - in case the 'sending' itself was causing the problem. I finally had to soft reset the phone.

Then one night I got an error in cprog.exe - I have no idea what that is. I'd write that off as a fluke - but the next morning when I woke up, I turned on the phone (or 'woke up' the phone, it was powered on) to check the weather. On the screen was the error page for spbbackup.exe - I hit 'send' for that, and then got a white screen (error page) for cprog.exe. I hit 'send' again, and got another cprog.exe error. I soft reset the phone and removed spb backup and haven't had another error.

Removing spb backup also cleared up another problem I was having that I had not associated with the program. I have things set to 'always ask' if I want to connect as Active Sync or Disk Drive when I connect with USB. It had been working fine, until one day it started automatically connecting whichever way I'd connected the prior time - it still popped up the choices for me, it just didn't matter which I chose. I had to get into the habit of going into settings to specify how I wanted to connect. I didn't realize it at the time, but that problem must have started after I installed spb backup - because now that spb is removed, the pop-up choice works just fine once more.

Well, this turned out long - but thanks for the chance to vent!
Old 01-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: SPB BAckup Issues

lol no problem man I just really want to know what issues we get to escalate them in a huge email..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software