speck
PPCGeeks Regular

speck is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB BAckup Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
Let me know if yuo find any more issues with SPB backup.
I finally removed spb backup (before my trial was up). I know a lot of people really like it and don't have any trouble - but it seemed to caused some glitches for me.

I installed from the PC through Active Sync, then I did a backup. The next time I tried to hook my phone to the PC, I got an 'unrecoverable error' for spb backup - you know the one Microsoft asks if you want to send a report to them about. Other than the error, nothing seemed to be affected, so I wrote that one off as a fluke.

The next time I got the error, I wasn't connected to the PC - I was either trying to access the Internet or Sprint TV. That time I got in an endless loop of errors - I'd send the error to Microsoft, I'd try to do something else on the phone - another error - all in spbbackup.exe. I tried hitting 'not send' on the error - in case the 'sending' itself was causing the problem. I finally had to soft reset the phone.

Then one night I got an error in cprog.exe - I have no idea what that is. I'd write that off as a fluke - but the next morning when I woke up, I turned on the phone (or 'woke up' the phone, it was powered on) to check the weather. On the screen was the error page for spbbackup.exe - I hit 'send' for that, and then got a white screen (error page) for cprog.exe. I hit 'send' again, and got another cprog.exe error. I soft reset the phone and removed spb backup and haven't had another error.

Removing spb backup also cleared up another problem I was having that I had not associated with the program. I have things set to 'always ask' if I want to connect as Active Sync or Disk Drive when I connect with USB. It had been working fine, until one day it started automatically connecting whichever way I'd connected the prior time - it still popped up the choices for me, it just didn't matter which I chose. I had to get into the habit of going into settings to specify how I wanted to connect. I didn't realize it at the time, but that problem must have started after I installed spb backup - because now that spb is removed, the pop-up choice works just fine once more.

Well, this turned out long - but thanks for the chance to vent!