PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: very good push email

Good find! I had a similar issue with Sprint on my last bill. Now I know where the international text is coming from!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700
Carrier: Spring

mhroten77 is a n00b

Your very welcome, cause for life sake I couldn't figure out where they where coming from. I would try different burned roms, etc... on my phone and then reinstalling seven. I didn't think that's where it was coming from until I googled the phone number the text where going too then it told me..spread the word.
Of course SEVEN wont email me back on this issue.....
Old 01-28-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

defamed01 is keeping up the good workdefamed01 is keeping up the good work

I knew it was Seven that's causing this! I've been getting these international text messages that I've never sent as well, and I had a strong suspicion that it was this program. It's a shame. This is the best push email I've found.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:21 AM
VIP Member

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have posted this issue in the forums for Seven. So far I have heard nothing back but I would imagine it will be seen and commented on soon. I know the issue was brought up for the symbian client already and it sounded like it should only send an SMS on initial registration. I hope to get more clarification soon though.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

I have some new information on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrown280
Hmmm. This is the first time I've heard of this on Windows Mobile. We are planning on doing it on all platforms eventually, but the version currently posted for download doesn't have it enabled.
Do you see the sent SMS messages in your Sent Items folder?
Can you confirm the full version number from teh About screen? Perhaps you got it somewhere else?
We are making it a point to very clearly warn the user upon installation of this. That should be the case starting with the next client update for each platform.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

woody88 is becoming a great contributor

accidentally stumbled onto this thread, and looked at my sprint bill, and what do you know? 4 international text messages! should I contact seven to discuss this, or just cut my loss there?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
accidentally stumbled onto this thread, and looked at my sprint bill, and what do you know? 4 international text messages! should I contact seven to discuss this, or just cut my loss there?
According to Seven, this is the first they have heard of it...if you like the program and you don't want this happening, it would be a good idea to post there and let them know. If only a couple people mention it, they won't bother fixing it. I will post a link to where I have started a thread there so that if you do want to post, you won't have to create a whole new thread. Will post it in a min.

Here is the thread: http://community.seven.com/viewtopic.php?t=2749
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

woody88 is becoming a great contributor

posted in your thread on seven. thx acer.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

defamed01 is keeping up the good workdefamed01 is keeping up the good work

Posted there as well.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:06 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Posted as well, thanks for starting the thread...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software