PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Lurker

the enigma is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tried it with and without the cert and never did work on my mogul. yes i did a soft reset everytime!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Hoof is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by the enigma View Post
tried it with and without the cert and never did work on my mogul. yes i did a soft reset everytime!
same here
Old 01-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor
Smooth install on my mogul, changed my call history icons but no biggie. Thanks
Old 02-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor
Changed rom to no2chems latest and i cant get the battery icon to show anymore, any suggestions ?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:25 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
Okay, now THIS is the best version!

Unforutnately, our devices DON'T count by single increments, so don't expect that to happen. Still, this retains the "battery" feel with very clear and legible numbers.

Just install the .cab file!

This version looks the sharpest on my Touch. One quick glance and you know how much is left with out trying to figure the bars out. Thanks!

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch 6900

milojax is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to milojax
Ya the one above works great on the sprint touch very easy to read. I put the small color bar at the top and they look and work great together.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (XV6875)
Carrier: Verizon

Hypocritus is a n00b
Re: Battery Icon: How to Replace (5 versions)

Quote:
Got this shamelessly from XDA Forums (that place rocks btw) from Jimm98y:

DOES NOT WORK ON THE TREO 700w/wx!

Basically, this will replace your Battery meter with a different one. I'm using the 6th version (page #2) which is much more informative than the "default" icon, but I'm posting all five here.

It works for me but USE AT OWN RISK (do a backup jik!)

Instructions:
1) install SdkCerts.cab
2) install greenbatteryfix.cab
3) softreset

Version #1

Version #2

Version #3

NEW! Version #4 (best one, imo)
Everyone who really used this bit o' software should donate (that is a link) at least a dollar or two to Jimm98y, the originator of this fix. Do I even know jimmy, or really who he is? No. Why should we donate? He provided a service (to anyone who found this useful) that is worth at least this amount.

IMO, it is a bit unfair to attach an author's work from a different site without distinctly including a way to contribute to that author if the software is of benefit to the evaluator; particularly when, on the other site from whence this came, displayed after every post the author made (which were many), was the author's signature -- which clearly states, "If you like my work, you can thank me here" -- allowing anyone a quick and easy donation through paypal. If 1000 people each donated one dollar, that's a thousand dollars. Does he deserve at least that much? yes! Valuable service. One or two dollars (or more, if you've got it) per person. Pocket change for all of us who own pocket PCs.

Do we as a community usually pay free-software makers for their products? No. Why? Three reasons. (1) We don't think about donating (even 1 or 2 dollars). (2) We don't see an easy way to donate. (3) We are concerned about being charged too much (for those who have fixed fees, like $5 minimum or something). So when the easy opp comes along to contribute -- especially an amount that you are comfortable with -- to those who are not forcing us to pay, let's pay them a bit; and many small contributions means a well deserved return for the author who was not really expecting much, if anything. Nice, unexpected (& well-deserved) ______ (insert favorite occasion here) present? Yes.

Jimm98y is the author of this software, not the originator of this thread, and not me.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypocritus View Post

IMO, it is a bit unfair to attach an author's work from a different site without distinctly including a way to contribute to that author if the software is of benefit to the evaluator; particularly when, on the other site from whence this came, displayed after every post the author made (which were many), was the author's signature -- which clearly states, "If you like my work, you can thank me here" --
so I guess you missed this line from the first post of this thread:

Quote:
Got this shamelessly from XDA Forums (that place rocks btw) from Jimm98y:
Which easily links to a page to donate to "Jimmy".

late,
Coz
Old 11-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Secondly, we here at PPCGeeks do indeed routinely and regularly support and donate to devs. Take a look at the sMMS sticky and you'll see nearly a page of thanks. And I'm pretty confident that most of those members who thank also donated.

Since that was your first post here at PPCGeeks maybe we'll give you a break. But it's bad form to call out this community when you have only recently joined and are making a first post.

That's just me...and I just switched to Sanka!

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (XV6875)
Carrier: Verizon

Hypocritus is a n00b

Before beginning I'd just like to state that it is not my intent to offend Coz, nor the friends and aquaintances of cozboogie. Am I a little hurt? Yes. Will I be sportsmanlike about it. I believe I will. Have you ever had a friend do something that, in hindsight, was probably not that good?

Responses in (nearly) reverse order:
1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Since that was your first post here at PPCGeeks maybe we'll give you a break. But it's bad form to call out this community when you have only recently joined and are making a first post.

late,
Coz
1) Good debating skills, redirecting my intent and pitting me against "the community". You know I did not go against "the community". I am one of the community, until I am censored or killed (figuratively, I assume). Notice the style of speech in my first post. It didn't state, "You FREELOADERS!!!" I used "we" many times. We freeloaders. (humor, but occasionally true) We. However, if I went against anyone, it was the author of this thread (the which was not my intent). One person. You (person #2) took that personally and decided to speak on behalf of "the community", apparently your "community" (I am no longer a part?) as one of it's leaders. I am sorry that you did. I was not trying to slap "your" hand, this thread's originator, or anyone elses.

A new fish in the pond who has a voice, does not mean: Danger! He's A Threat!!! I am one of the members too, even if I am "new" and small. The phrase of a well known Broadway prod., "This only goes to show what little people can do", comes to mind, and I believe appropriately so. (and perhaps fortellingly, we all know what happened to Gavroche in Les Mis) Am I a little hurt about being labeled and judged? Yes, a little. I'm sure I'll be ok, though.

2)
Quote:
2) In the above quote, your first sentence contains at least a couple of less-effective -- if not unethical -- principles. "We" implies that you had already spoken with other moderators/your "community" about my first post. I do not believe that you had, at least not before you posted. But I could be wrong. Secondly, your whole first sentence directly implies threatened censorship of perfectly legal, ethical and even moral ideas. You can go ahead and censor me, if you want to. I won't threaten to censor you. If you remove my post(s), I'll just have to keep my mouth shut or fingers closed, won't I?

3)
Quote:
Secondly, we here at PPCGeeks do indeed routinely and regularly support and donate to devs. Take a look at the sMMS sticky and you'll see nearly a page of thanks. And I'm pretty confident that most of those members who thank also donated.
3) You pulled an example wherein some who visit this forum, like myself (we "here at PPCGeeks"), had done well in thanking, and donating, regarding an unrelated piece of software. That's great, seriously. Good job. Now, back to the intent of this post. If this piece of work came in useful, I believe it right to conspicuously, if not continuously credit the original author of the software in this thread, in a manner conducive to the sofware author's style, ESPECIALLY when the author was not first consulted. Did that happen in and for this thread? Not so much (no). What happened? The originator of this thread (Sorry Malatesta, I'm not meaning to drag you through mud or anything. This response is for cozboogie Sanka) cutely mentioned that
Quote:
Got this shamelessly from XDA Forums (that place rocks btw) from Jimm98y
which bears a small link, whereupon there is a deluge (flood) of graphics that quickly brings the inconspicous link out of view. And hey! Why do they even need the link, when here at the bottom of the originator's first post are most of the files needed for this happy experience?

This is not fair to the original author, especially a tiny link, at the very top or a long post, and 6 or 7 pages later. It is not fair to the orig author's style. The orig authors style was to conspicuously -- and argueably nicely -- state (to the effect of): "[If this is sofware was good for you, I'd appreciate a donation of ANY size]" Was that regularly themed throughout this thread? No. Not fair.

I invite all interested in this little debate to read the first post in this thread, skim through the replies, and click on that one little link, observing it's style, and judge for themselves if the orig software author was properly treated in this thread.

That is, I invite those interested, unless I get censored. I have a feeling that that is very possible. I believe that if that happens, it would not be fair, as my first post was an argueably polite comment, and the responses to my comment labeled me as a threat to this community, and therefore threatened my ability to be seriously considered. But even deeper, the responder (yes, he's a "leader", and my post will probably be censored [i.e. removed]) stated: "Since that was your first post here at PPCGeeks maybe we'll give you a break. But..." directly implying that I had better keep my mouth closed.

4)
Quote:

late,
Coz
4) Nice, cute, humorous, redirecting finish, especially after you made me appear to be the Enemy of the State.

5)
Quote:
so I guess you missed this line from the first post of this thread:
Quote:
Got this shamelessly from XDA Forums (that place rocks btw) from Jimm98y
Which easily links to a page to donate to "Jimmy".

late,
Coz
5) Yes, I caught that before I first posted.

Please forgive the following style:

late,
Rob

P.S. How are you going to use multiple subtle bully tactics on someone, just because he is new, has a voice, and a desire to make things more fair?

Last edited by Hypocritus; 11-17-2008 at 07:06 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software