PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Mobile 8

dennygun is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki2beeps View Post
your right, its people like me, who don't even have the bugs which were described, who therefore have no need to search for the fix, who are just begging to be spoon fed the great morsel of wisdom which you so covet. People like me who noticed you asking another member who had the same bug as you for the fix and then not sharing with him or anyone else. People like me who understand that each new build posted here in this thread has some bugs, and if we find the fix and take the time to post about it here, then maybe we should post a link or mention what it was so others can benefit. Maybe next time we find a bugfix we should just post nana nana na na. Yes, people have the right making post whatever they wants...but people like me understand "general courtesy"
cour⋅te⋅sy –noun
1. Excellence of manners or social conduct; polite behavior.
2. A courteous, respectful, or considerate act or expression.
huahuauhauhuha.....don't mind other people business ok..

Last edited by dennygun; 08-24-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ipaq 910c
Carrier: Movistar

Actors is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
COM3 is older code, but right now has the newest GUI changes. COM4 is the new branch of code for 6.5.1. It is the official 6.5.1 branch so all the changes we see on 23034 will make it up to COM4 and COM3 developement will cease. Could you clarify your pagepool comment?
In the old roms, 23028 for example, the GARMIN XT works fine.... but in the 23033 and 23034 the GARMIN XT does not work unless I put the pagepool in 16.

Sorry for my english.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Has anyone had a problem with Live Search? I cooked it into 23034 and when I run it I get and error message. It complains that it can not find the Publickey Token 31bf3856ad364e35, or one of its dependencies.

I cooked it into the 23403 build and it worked fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: omnia i910 Bgill55 Hybrid Rom!
Carrier: VZW

bgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to bgill55

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
I posted the double tap fix which applies to the on screen keyboard in the black dragon rom thread
I have tried this fix it doesnt seem to help still have the lad do i need to enable the Magnifier for this fix to work?

If I Helped you in any way, a simple would be nice!

Visit Me Over at http://Omniarom.com And say Hello!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
Has anyone had a problem with Live Search? I cooked it into 23034 and when I run it I get and error message. It complains that it can not find the Publickey Token 31bf3856ad364e35, or one of its dependencies.

Thanks
I have the same problem in 23034
Old 08-24-2009, 02:25 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Might be because Live Search is now Bing?
Dunno
Old 08-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia I910
Carrier: Verizon

webleeper is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgill55 View Post
I have tried this fix it doesnt seem to help still have the lad do i need to enable the Magnifier for this fix to work?
To fix the double tap issue, use an older gwes in your 23034 and it should work.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:34 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

Thanks
its because of some files in the baseapps folder .... change everything the has GAC_ with those from an older build
Old 08-24-2009, 07:47 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

Thanks
Yes, this is the .NET problems that has been discussed that started with 23028 I believe. The fix is to replace the GAC_*.* files in the BaseApps folder with those from an older build such as 23016 or 23017. This error occurs with Bing Search and other .net apps as well, just not all of them.

Edit: @jackdillard, we musta cross posted.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 08-24-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:56 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actors View Post
In the old roms, 23028 for example, the GARMIN XT works fine.... but in the 23033 and 23034 the GARMIN XT does not work unless I put the pagepool in 16.

Sorry for my english.
Well, my only guess is that it might have something to do with Slot 0. The newer builds have EVEN MORE modules and current modules are larger. That means we need to recmod a LOT of stuff in the SYS now to get Slot 0 freed.

For more information on what modules to recmod, there is a nice thread at everythingdiamond.com. It's a W.I.P. and I don't think it's all 100% accurate at this time, but it should give you a good idea.

http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=490

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software