PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 05:55 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardi4life View Post
Anyone else have another suggest to changing the page pool size? I have an Omnia and already have kitchen for it. I know can be done with osnbtool or XIPPort. I just do not know all the step.

Help... please.
When I tried to change PP with XIPPorterEX on an Omnia XIP for someone, I got a weird error I had never seen before -- something about no PP found on XIP. I remember that the PPchanger tool seemed to work, but I never heard if it really did work, or just smoke and mirrors. You can hex edit, but I suck at hex so no help there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ACER DX900
Carrier: SUN

oldSAP is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Here's a good tutorial I posted here:
http://www.everythingdiamond.info/sh...79&postcount=2
thank you for this tutorial. i'm using a different kitchen for my device (acer dx900) how do i repack the OEMXipKernel and the MSXIPKernal to get the xip.bin?
Old 08-07-2009, 06:06 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki2beeps View Post
I believe this would be easier if the download for a new copy was available but the only download there seems to be for upgrade (just tools folder and exe) There's also a My Tools folder that I dont know what to do with.
You don't really need to worry about the mytools folder, just leave it where it is. Also, there should be a link somewhere on that forum link for a full 1.6 kitchen. Unzip the full kitchen, then just overwrite it with all the 1.8.1 files.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:11 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldSAP View Post
thank you for this tutorial. i'm using a different kitchen for my device (acer dx900) how do i repack the OEMXipKernel and the MSXIPKernal to get the xip.bin?
Dump your device specific xip.bin, and move over the files and modules from msxipkernal to your dump (replacing the files and modules in the dump with the new ones), and rebuild xip.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ACER DX900
Carrier: SUN

oldSAP is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Dump your device specific xip.bin, and move over the files and modules from msxipkernal to your dump (replacing the files and modules in the dump with the new ones), and rebuild xip.
thank you for your quick reply sir. i'll try it
Old 08-07-2009, 07:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
What do I need to do?
You need to use version 2 of the i900executer. Didn't Adrynalyne put all of this in there for you?

Your question about the contacts can be fixed by editing the initflashfiles.dat in OEM_Lang_0409.

Remove the link to the welcome screen.

Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("Welcome.lnk","\Windows\welcome.lnk")

Also, when you come in here remember to specify the phone that you are using as most here have HTC phones and will give you help thinking you have one too.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 08-08-2009, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio

yardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuff
Exclamation Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
You need to use version 2 of the i900executer. Didn't Adrynalyne put all of this in there for you?

Your question about the contacts can be fixed by editing the initflashfiles.dat in OEM_Lang_0409.

Remove the link to the welcome screen.

Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("Welcome.lnk","\Windows\welcome.lnk")

Also, when you come in here remember to specify the phone that you are using as most here have HTC phones and will give you help thinking you have one too.
Thanks I already tried i900_executor, @ first it did not work 'cause the kitchen had version 1.5. Someone @ ppcgeeks told me to use version 2. I tried it and it did not work (no output file).
Then i got a download link from bgill55 with i900_executor 2 that had kitchen folder. I tried and it work. So the i900_executor uses the tools in the kitchen folder. And someone else already answered the question about removing the welcome.lnk to skip welcome screen and notice that that also fixed the contacts issue. Thanks.

Thanks alot =D>=D>=D>

If you were helped by anyone, show some appreciation, click the thanks button.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: omnia i910 Bgill55 Hybrid Rom!

bgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to bgill55

Quote:
Thanks I already tried i900_executor, @ first it did not work 'cause the kitchen had version 1.5. Someone @ ppcgeeks told me to use version 2. I tried it and it did not work (no output file).
Then i got a download link from bgill55 with i900_executor 2 that had kitchen folder. I tried and it work. So the i900_executor uses the tools in the kitchen folder. And someone else already answered the question about removing the welcome.lnk to skip welcome screen and notice that that also fixed the contacts issue. Thanks.

Thanks alot =D>=D>=D>
Glad it worked out for you!

If I Helped you in any way, a simple would be nice!

Visit Me Over at http://Omniarom.com And say Hello!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio

yardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuff

I added the entry below to allow unsigned cab install without prompting in a rgu file, but when I flash the entry is reset to "0000101a"=dword:00000000. Any ideas?
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies]
"0000101a"=dword:00000001

Is there something else i should be doing in the kitchen?

I have a omnia i910
Old 08-08-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
I added the entry below to allow unsigned cab install without prompting in a rgu file, but when I flash the entry is reset to "0000101a"=dword:00000000. Any ideas?
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies]
"0000101a"=dword:00000001

Is there something else i should be doing in the kitchen?

I have a omnia i910
Try adding it to a provxml instead, as something else (i.e. another rgu or provxml) may be changing it. Also, if you go provxml, name something like mxip_zzzzmine_100.provxml so it will be executed last.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software