PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - FuFu 4.5.3
Carrier: Alltel

highlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
Anyone know a registry setting to go back to the old style of start menu scrolling? I don't like the way the new builds 'hit the brakes' when you get more than one page past where you started.

It's not a reg edit. It's part of the new systems. If you are cooking, you CAN put the old start menu back in by downgrading some parts of the system but I don't recommend it, it makes things very messy and you lose a lot of improvements. If I could figure out where I put the nbh file I made based on the Sprint leaked rom I'd throw it to you but I have no clue where i have it or if i have it anymore.

If I helped, give me a thanks!

Last edited by highlife22; 03-25-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

By the way, how do we enable mult-select in the file explorer in 6.5? It is only possible to select multiple files if you have no scrollbar (ie. a few files).
Old 03-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - FuFu 4.5.3
Carrier: Alltel

highlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
By the way, how do we enable mult-select in the file explorer in 6.5? It is only possible to select multiple files if you have no scrollbar (ie. a few files).
I have no idea. For fun, try using one of the 6.5 themes and editing the mxipcold_wpc_2.provxml in the base_dpi....resh_480_resv_640 folder accordingly. Say if you're using Classic Blue, try removing the entries for the classic blue theme in the xml. I'd say it will either remove the scroll bars, or revert them back to the 6.1 look.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
Anyone know a registry setting to go back to the old style of start menu scrolling? I don't like the way the new builds 'hit the brakes' when you get more than one page past where you started.
http://www.dotfred.net/FdcStartMenu.htm
Go there, get the StartMenu CAB, install it on your device, you will have two start menu's then. One when you tap the flag, the other when you tap the Start text......

Now, onto 21198. I have not figured out the XIP bit yet, and have been using the ones that have been posted. Anyone have the XIP's sorted out yet?

Old 03-25-2009, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just got my first 21193 ROM cooked up only to find that when Titanium is up, it seems to monopolize the screen. I get one chance to open the start menu and launch an app. After that, if I go back to the Today screen, Titanium appears to no longer allow other apps to draw over it. They do launch and run. If I use MSVC to "Start" an app, it seems to have a much better chance of displaying.

Anyone else seen this behavior?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Lurker

medkid is a n00b

Any one know how to change the left softkey of the default titanium on today ? Build 21195 is "Contacts" , I've already use this
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\11 2]
"Open"="\"\\Windows\\newsms.lnk\""
@="New SMS"
but it doesn't work
Thanks in advance
Old 03-25-2009, 01:48 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post
Just got my first 21193 ROM cooked up only to find that when Titanium is up, it seems to monopolize the screen. I get one chance to open the start menu and launch an app. After that, if I go back to the Today screen, Titanium appears to no longer allow other apps to draw over it. They do launch and run. If I use MSVC to "Start" an app, it seems to have a much better chance of displaying.

Anyone else seen this behavior?
That happened to me after I installed Touchpal. wm6.5 doesn't seem to like it. So I would say its a program added in.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

seatone is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by medkid View Post
Any one know how to change the left softkey of the default titanium on today ? Build 21195 is "Contacts" , I've already use this
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\11 2]
"Open"="\"\\Windows\\newsms.lnk\""
@="New SMS"
but it doesn't work
Thanks in advance

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome]
"SK1TEXT"="whateveryouwant"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome]
"SK1URL"="path for whateveryouwant"
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
Here is a Vogue 21193 multi carrier Rom for you guys to try its all the files Con posted.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0...2e3577905aa274

DCD Carrier Cabs:
http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F
What dialer did you use in this ROM? I liked it, but now I've managed to get my kitchen working and can't figure out how to get the same one.

If you don't mind, PM me in addition to your response here. I'm about to go to bed and this forum is moving way too fast!
Old 03-25-2009, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
That happened to me after I installed Touchpal. wm6.5 doesn't seem to like it. So I would say its a program added in.
Thanks for the tip. TouchPal 3.5 doesn't seem to play nice at all so I'm about to cook again without it. I'll confirm your thoughts.

Anyone have a comperable SIP to recommend? I've not found another that worked nearly as well for me. ZoomBoard is my next favorite, but only because it's fast and still larger (feeling anyway) than the MS KB.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software