PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with dupplicate contacts/mutiple computers

Hello all,

I have a two part question. I wasnt sure if i should make two posts or one since they are sort of related but here goes. I was wondering if anyone knew of a software or a way for me to sync my ppc(touch pro), my laptop and my desktop. I mostly work on my desktop and ppc but occasionally work from my laptop and would like to have all three on the same page when it comes to contacts, calendars, and tasks.

Also, i was wondering if anyone has a way to not have duplicates when connecting to activesync and your ppc. I find myself reseting my phone a lot and i keep a copy of my contacts on my phone and find that at times when i restore my phone then sync to outlook i have multiple copies of contacts and appointments.

If anyone has any suggestions on either of these i greatly aprpeicate it.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:14 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Help with dupplicate contacts/mutiple computers

hey bro use this program to delete the double copied of contacts on ur phone...works great cuz i have that issue to when i hard reset...a combo of having my last 3 phones ppc's and cant find the files on my desktop 2 prevent this...but this program will solve this prob...it has a secondry program in it called app2date...just delete it cuz its worthless

as far as syncing ur phone to 3 different computers shouldnt be a problem...it has a relationship with all 3 seperatly and wont interrupt the other ones...just try naming ur device so when u connect ur phone it knows its that phone thats connected...then u can connect ur wifes or girlsfriends phone to the same computer and it will kno the difference between the 2...

EDIT: i think i read ur question wrong at 1st,,.u want all 3 of ur systems ur laptop desktop etc to have the same info on each other right? hope i read this correctly...well i think ud have to have active sync on all the systems and keep them all up to date as far as what u have added to ur phone...so when u make changes sync it to each so they all can update...then when u connest to one oppse to the other there are no changes and it will sync fine...
Attached Files
File Type: zip dupededupe.zip (71.9 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by caddieguy02; 01-22-2009 at 06:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
hey bro use this program to delete the double copied of contacts on ur phone...works great cuz i have that issue to when i hard reset...a combo of having my last 3 phones ppc's and cant find the files on my desktop 2 prevent this...but this program will solve this prob...it has a secondry program in it called app2date...just delete it cuz its worthless

as far as syncing ur phone to 3 different computers shouldnt be a problem...it has a relationship with all 3 seperatly and wont interrupt the other ones...just try naming ur device so when u connect ur phone it knows its that phone thats connected...then u can connect ur wifes or girlsfriends phone to the same computer and it will kno the difference between the 2...

EDIT: i think i read ur question wrong at 1st,,.u want all 3 of ur systems ur laptop desktop etc to have the same info on each other right? hope i read this correctly...well i think ud have to have active sync on all the systems and keep them all up to date as far as what u have added to ur phone...so when u make changes sync it to each so they all can update...then when u connest to one oppse to the other there are no changes and it will sync fine...
Thanks for the quick response. The problem with activesync is that it tells me i can only have two differnt pc's synched to it. I use the program you attached to get rid some of the duplicates but was hoping that there was a way to stop the duplicating in the first place.....i could have sworn i remember an earlier version of activesync that would merge or ask about a contact before making a duplicate....or some kind of software that resembles activesync.....thanks again for ur help
Old 01-24-2009, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: ATT

bennyj77 is becoming a great contributor

OK,do you need the contacts physically on your computer? Because I use a service called Dashwire. It syncs my contacts,texts,calls.video, and pictures from my phone to the cloud. I use my computer to log in and to view contacts or try to find a phone number I called six weeks ago. I love it and it's FREE 99.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

funbobnopants is keeping up the good workfunbobnopants is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to funbobnopants

+1 for dashwire
Old 01-24-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Mattemer is keeping up the good workMattemer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
I just ran into this problem today, he Dup program worked perfecty, thanks Caddie (and to the original OP for posting the question =D>)! Is there something like this to easily remove dup calendar entries?

Old 01-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyj77 View Post
OK,do you need the contacts physically on your computer? Because I use a service called Dashwire. It syncs my contacts,texts,calls.video, and pictures from my phone to the cloud. I use my computer to log in and to view contacts or try to find a phone number I called six weeks ago. I love it and it's FREE 99.
Yea, i would prefer to have a copy on my desktop via Outlook. I have tried an earlier version of Dashwire. It was nice but not something i needed/helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattemer View Post
I just ran into this problem today, he Dup program worked perfecty, thanks Caddie (and to the original OP for posting the question =D>)! Is there something like this to easily remove dup calendar entries?
I use Sk Tools. It has a feature that u can remove duplicate calendars, contacts, tasks, etc. It is not free though

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software