PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Back up

coulda sworn i already posted here yesterday, how strange..

but anyway, i used this to back up my PIM to upgrade to a new ROM. Backup went fine, but after i upgraded my ROM, i couldnt restore. It was "stuck" at 100%. My phone was extremely laggy and I left it like that for about 5 minutes, and the phone got hot, so i soft reset it. It restored the fact that i had text messages, but it didnt restore the messages themselves. Tf3d was showing 1/25 messages but they were just blank spaces. I tried again, this time left it for 15 minutes being "stuck" at 100% and after another soft reset, it was taking an awfully long time to turn on my phone, and turned out my rom had reset itself.

I would not recommend this program as the only backup solution. Make a backup on a backup, and be safe.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:22 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Sorry to hear it xg... I guess this is a simple back up solution as opposed to a full back up
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well looks like it works but only while using the same rom.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 02-05-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

6800 is a n00b

I'm getting a replacement phone and need to do this.
So It is assumed that this works to back up and restore on stock ROM with a Titan???

Last edited by 6800; 02-05-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

No guarantee 6800
Old 02-05-2009, 06:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6800 View Post
I'm getting a replacement phone and need to do this.
So It is assumed that this works to back up and restore on stock ROM with a Titan???
There have been way too many failures of this program reported to make an assumption like that IMHO.

~John
Old 02-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

I agree jmorton.. I am going to make an edit to the OP saying that I can't verify that this program will work.. There has been a history of hit and miss with it.. I hope it works for you, but I am sorry if it does not.. So here is your "Official Warning" of sorts
Old 02-06-2009, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

6800 is a n00b

Thanks guys

I'm going to back up and try it anyways, when phone arrives.

I'll let you know.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
coulda sworn i already posted here yesterday, how strange..

but anyway, i used this to back up my PIM to upgrade to a new ROM. Backup went fine, but after i upgraded my ROM, i couldnt restore. It was "stuck" at 100%. My phone was extremely laggy and I left it like that for about 5 minutes, and the phone got hot, so i soft reset it. It restored the fact that i had text messages, but it didnt restore the messages themselves. Tf3d was showing 1/25 messages but they were just blank spaces. I tried again, this time left it for 15 minutes being "stuck" at 100% and after another soft reset, it was taking an awfully long time to turn on my phone, and turned out my rom had reset itself.

I would not recommend this program as the only backup solution. Make a backup on a backup, and be safe.
hmmmm, something similar happened when i was trying out spb clone. the reason was my girlfriend sent me text message as i was backing up my system so it screwed up my messages. something similar could have happened with this program.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

6800 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6800 View Post
Thanks guys

I'm going to back up and try it anyways, when phone arrives.

I'll let you know.

GARBAGE

I downloaded Spb and am backing up as we speak (type).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software