PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: In Call Recording finally comes to a HTC smartphone

i'd like to see where this goes... but for the time being, if i've needed to record a call i've just turned the earpiece vol all the way up and used the voice recorder... works amazingly well even when it 'sounds' low to the natural ear, when i play back it picks up the whole convo!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-16-2009, 03:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tomkuang is just getting started

1st, record both end clearly != record both end, or say record both end by turnning speak on. If you can record both end clearly but needs to turn the speak on, problem NOT solved!
2nd, from what I saw here and xda development, this is to accomplish with some kind of ROM update on Touch HD, not the software. I remember someone on xda claim that his/her Resco Record worked as well as the ICR after update a ROM, so it should be software dependent.
3rd, no one make it to work on Diamond or Pro, yet. The only thing worked is the interface, not the real functionality we want. I'm not that optimistic with this unless HTC do something in their ROM.
4th, I copy this from VITO website:
Quote:
How can I record the phones talk with a bluetooths headset?
You need Audio Gateway profile, a system driver in your OS that makes your device receive incoming sound stream using BT headset.
If you have it then it should work...
maybe we can find that profile and record through BT?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

edog is a n00b

Guys,

This software does work on the HTC TOUCH PRO. You have to install the ICS software. That's the software which records and let you play back the recordings AND you need to install the TOUCH HD Dialer. The stock dialer on the PRO doesn't yield the "Start Recording" option.

The software does work. The only problem I have it that the person on the remote end doesn't come out as clear as yourself. I'm still hoping someone can fix this.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
Guys,

This software does work on the HTC TOUCH PRO. You have to install the ICS software. That's the software which records and let you play back the recordings AND you need to install the TOUCH HD Dialer. The stock dialer on the PRO doesn't yield the "Start Recording" option.

The software does work. The only problem I have it that the person on the remote end doesn't come out as clear as yourself. I'm still hoping someone can fix this.

will this work on the touch/qvga???????? i dont get the recording option....anyone know of a dialer that would work?

you may want to try this reg hack for the volume issue....

HKLM/Software/HTC/ICR/REC GAIN that is set to the value 30. If you increase it at 40-50 or more the volume of recording gets better...
Old 01-16-2009, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
will this work on the touch/qvga???????? i dont get the recording option....anyone know of a dialer that would work?

you may want to try this reg hack for the volume issue....

HKLM/Software/HTC/ICR/REC GAIN that is set to the value 30. If you increase it at 40-50 or more the volume of recording gets better...
I'm pretty sure I posted all of this info (including a dialer you can install) just a few posts back...

And I do NOT believe this works on the touch pro. Yes, you can get the ICR app working.. and yes, you can record things while in-call from the "Start Recording" option... but the caller's voice is so quiet that it's probably only the mic picking up sound from the earpiece........ and the reg hack didn't really help.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tomkuang is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
Guys,

This software does work on the HTC TOUCH PRO. The only problem I have it that the person on the remote end doesn't come out as clear as yourself.
Man, You still not get it. The volume on the other side is the issue, not the program. any program can yields the same result w/o using any hack.

see this

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkuang View Post
If you can record both end clearly but needs to turn the speak on, problem NOT solved!

3rd, no one make it to work on Diamond or Pro, yet. The only thing worked is the interface, not the real functionality we want. I'm not that optimistic with this unless HTC do something in their ROM.
and this

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_exec;645u643
And I do NOT believe this works on the touch pro. Yes, you can get the ICR app working.. and yes, you can record things while in-call from the "Start Recording" option... but the caller's voice is so quiet that it's probably only the mic picking up sound from the earpiece........ and the reg hack didn't really help.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

It doesnt work. The levels that it records on the distant end is the same level that I get with Resco Audio Record without the ICR app installed.

So in other words, I've had Resco Recorder installed for a long time, I've attempted to record calls but only picked up low volume and faint sounds from the far end.... bleed over from the ear piece. I installed the ICR app, HD dialer, MUI file and there was no change.

I have no doubt someone with enough time and determination can get it to work, but sorry its just not working now.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 01-17-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

[quote=auto_exec;645643]I'm pretty sure I posted all of this info (including a dialer you can install) just a few posts back...

i asked if there was a qvga dialer that i can install so i can get the recording option on my touch... the dialer you posted which was originally from xda is for vga. it wont install. so if someone knows of one make some noise thanks
Old 01-17-2009, 05:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

jay1200 is a n00b

what about the voice mail option to click on individual recording rather than go through the each voicemail? does that option work when you install ?
Old 01-17-2009, 05:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

jay1200 is a n00b

I installed the ICR 51spssoft.com.cab to my Verizon VX6900 and when i click on the program icon it reads " ICR is not a valid Pocket PC application, i then tried to save the mui file to my windows folder on the phone and it didnt help. any suggestions? i really just want to check my voicemail individually rather than go through each voicemail to just check one. just like the iphone has done. if there is a more stable program i would download that too. please advise

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software