PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 10:50 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
In Call Recording finally comes to a HTC smartphone

I know a lot of you are interested in this so here ya go. Not sure how it works, I haven't tried it. Good luck.

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=2341
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc
Re: In Call Recording finally comes to a HTC smartphone

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention. For example, couldn't this be used for call screening as a visual voicemail alternative?
Old 01-12-2009, 02:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Testing on my Touch Pro now
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

From what I'm reading at xda (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=457808) there have been mixed results with the diamond and touch pro. Apparently you need to make sure to get the right language installed or something like that since the original was written in chinese. Looking into it a bit further...
Old 01-12-2009, 02:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Looks like Diamond and Touch Pro users havent had any luck, including myself.

I can install the program but it doesnt create the record call option. You can install the touch HD dialer and that will give you the option, but the record call option still appears to be dysfunctional.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:42 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I've had no luck, tried it on my 6900 & Diamond & Pro, It doesnt create the record call option ...

Thanks T M Z
Old 01-12-2009, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

anurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tried it on a Mogul and had no luck.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Thanks for the info guys. Sorry it isn't working for anyone.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Tried to get it working on my mogul last night with no sucess I'm gonna try to stay positive that someone will figure it out. Sounds like they're headed in the right direction at least.
dschoenike

Old 01-13-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor

Alright, I think I've made some progress on this (I've also posted in the xda thread)... anyways, here's what I did to get where I am:

- installed the xda ICR cab (from post 91 of that thread) -- attached
- extracted/copied the voAMRNBEnc codec file (from post 96 of that thread) into \Windows -- attached
- soft reset
- installed the XDA Diamond Dialer 2.03 version found here -- attached
- soft reset

After all that, I can get the ICR settings program to pop up correctly (missing the EXIT button on the left softkey, but OK works just fine for that)... and, once a call is connected, I can go to the menu and hit "Start recording"... and it DOES start recording... and the recording DOES show up in the ICR program for playback...

The only issue is that the volume on the other end of the call is so low, I'm not really sure these files are accomplishing anything (i.e. maybe it's just picking up some of the sound from the earpiece).. I'm playing around with some reg stuff that stef142 on XDA suggested (increasing value in HKLM/Software/HTC/ICR/RecGain), but I haven't had much luck so far.

P.S. As for the dialer, I've been unable to find much info about it with a quick search... I can confirm being able to make/receive calls, and all normal functions seem OK so far, but it looks like the ## codes are gone (i.e. GSM files).. not sure about the data arrows yet... they're active on my phone, but I was able to receive a call and saw the phone switch to 1X as expected. YMMV.

Hope this helps, please play around and let me know if anyone has different results!
Attached Files
File Type: cab ICR_51spsoft_com.cab (462.0 KB, 112 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip voAMRNBEnc.zip (77.1 KB, 120 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab XDA_Diamond_Dialer_2.03.cab (9.10 MB, 208 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software