PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
I had this CAB for the taskbar...

Before I did a reset, I had this software that when I touched the taskbar, it would bring up a bubble that contained all the icons. It was very easy to see and adjust the volume, connectivity settings, alerts, etc. When I touched the taskbar, the popup looked like a cartoon voice box, and the buttons to interface with the various taskbar icons were large enough to work with the fingers. I don't renember the name of it, but it was very convenient. Does anybody know the software I'm talking about? This is one convenience I would very much like to restore on my Kiaser. What's it called, and where can I get it? Thanks for your help.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:05 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Re: I had this CAB for the taskbar...

SPBmobileShell sounds familiar to you or Ifonz?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

The taskbar functionality was the only thing it changed. The "comic voice bubble" was grey in the background, the selectable icons were white on grey, and it was free if that helps any. I don't renember what it was called, (or where I found it), but I liked it.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:13 AM
VIP PATROL

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Talking Re: I had this CAB for the taskbar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
The taskbar functionality was the only thing it changed. The "comic voice bubble" was grey in the background, and it was free if that helps any.
Ok let me check couple things i get back with you as soon as i find something...BTW ifonz has the finger friendly icons but not the comic voice bubble, but is free...SPBmobileshell is way much better but unfortunally is not free...
Old 01-10-2009, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I don't want my phone to look like an iPhone, I just want it to be as finger friendly as possible. This *.cab is the only thing I'm missing until I'm satisfied with my phone almost completely. Wisbar Desktop Advanced looked very good, and the functionality was great, but after a few soft-resets, my "today" screen was rendered unusable, so I removed it. Even the default theme was like HTC Home on steroids.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I found the *.cab I was looking for on the XDA servers. It is called "HTC Large Title Bar", and is available here:

ftp://ftp.xda-developers.com/Uploads/Software/HTC%20Apps%20ITA%20majin/HTC%20Large%20Title%20Bar.cab

Login: xda
Password: xda
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:27 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Is this an updated version? Is it any more stable for you than it was before?
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

No crashes so far. And it integrates well with my theme too. (Plus, now I don't have to use the stylus as much).
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 01-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell

bluenote is a n00b

Care to detail the other changes you've made to make your phone more finger friendly?

thx
Old 01-25-2009, 02:04 PM
VIP PATROL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
Care to detail the other changes you've made to make your phone more finger friendly?

thx
Yes please can you tell us?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software