PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FREE SlingMobile Software: Thru Sept 16th!

For all of those 6700 users and soon to be 700wx owners, you may be interested in picking up a new Slingbox for your PPC.

Normally, they're around $200 but J&R has it for $149 + Free shipping. (thx to sheureka for pointing that out)

Combine that with the offer from Sling: Free SlingMobile software(new improved version 1.1 just released) when you purchase a slingplayer between Aug 15th through Sept 16th and this seems like a great time to pick one up...

Old 08-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
urrrr I really wish I had the extra dough to pic one up. oh well all in good time I guess....
~mike

Old 08-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I was holding off for awhile but that's a great price and the free mobile software to boot...coudn't resist! Should be here by Monday the latest...
Old 08-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
must resist, must resist.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:35 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
How much is the software usually anyway?
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 08-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Threadstarter

$30.

Mine's "out for delivery" according to UPS....

Old 08-29-2006, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mrbonner is becoming a great contributor
So tight bought mines in july and here they giving out a free key. But i do like the updated slingplayer mobile. It streams alot better especially under low signal
Old 08-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Threadstarter

Funny story:

I was only getting about 125kbps stream on my slingplayer at work, which for those who don't know...is pretty darn awful. I mean it was like MobitTV quality.

Turns out Optonline (my ISP) was capping my upload to 150kbps from 2mbps and evidently they do this if you use bittorrent, run a server or use a slingplayer.

Total. Garbage.

Luckily I looked into it and I can actually get Verizon's nex-gen FiOS installed. They don't ever cap. Ever. And I'll save $10 a month. I'm getting it installed next week at which point I'll be back up to 2mbps upload (and could go up to 5mbps with an upgrade).

So word to the wise: be careful and research your ISPs behavior on this before you commit to a Sling. DSL and FiOS people are okay as they don't cap, only Cable companies.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mrbonner is becoming a great contributor
sounds like my provider. did u have opimum online? and never heard of that verizon thing...is that new and how much a month?
Old 08-31-2006, 04:27 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbonner
sounds like my provider. did u have opimum online? and never heard of that verizon thing...is that new and how much a month?
Yeah, I have Optoline. They're notorious for doing that to customers.

Verizon's FIOS (<-- click to read about) is the state-of-the-art fiber optics. It's only in select areas and you can find out if it's in your area by going HERE.

Optonline offers this:

15mbps (up)/ 2mbps (down) = $45/month

(I actually get 2mbps/120kbps)

FiOS

10/2 = $34/month ($-5 for first 11 months)
20/5 = 44/month ($-5 for first 11 months)
50/5 = $85/month ($-5 for first 11 months)

I'm getting the 10mbps/2mbps for $34 since that's all I need and they don't cap. At the same price point at Optonline, you'll get 5mbps faster speeds and mroe than 2x the upload speed.

Yeah, so ironically I'm going to a) save more than $10 a month b) get faster speeds.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software