PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc
Start calendar in month view

I was browsing through my google reader feeds and stumbled across a thread over at xda where a guy made a program that launches calendar in month view instead of the day view. When trying to go to the thread link from google reader, it appears xda is down. Has anyone seen or been following this thread? Here is the exact feed from google reader:
Quote:
FIX:Calendar month view default!!

from xda-developers - Diamond by sosimple
After i have take many things from this site ,it is time to give something back!
I managed to make the calendar to open in month view, and not the default day view. I noticed that many others are trying to do this.
This is how i did it. I write a simple (one line) program in basic for ppc, which runs the calendar to month view. You can download ti here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/175093797/monthvew.exe
Is is only 36 KB. Now put it in any folder you want (even in internal storage)
Try to run it. You will see that calendar will appear but in month view. Even if you have already calendar running in the background on day view, by running monthvew.exe it will go to screen to day view.
So the only problem now is to change the link to manila so when you press the button of calendar on screen, not to run calendar.exe, but to run my program monthview.exe (Which will run calendar.exe again but in month view) So the final result will be by pressing "calendar" on manila to have again runing calendar but in month view this time. You can do this by SSMaPa . If you dont know the program read here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407777
Be sure that you know how to use it, and you dont making anything wrong with this program (You can try to change the button of calendar to run another .exe to see that you have learn to use ssmapa, and after to make it run monthview.exe)
After all perhaps you will see that every time you press calendar ,it opens in day view and immediately changes to month view. If this happens it is because you have it opens by its settings to day view. Go to the calendar-- menu-tools- and from the list there set "open in month view"
Now everything will work ok and the calendar will opens to month view at once ..
Thanks in advance.

:P
Old 12-20-2008, 09:46 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Start calendar in month view

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnyc View Post
I was browsing through my google reader feeds and stumbled across a thread over at xda where a guy made a program that launches calendar in month view instead of the day view. When trying to go to the thread link from google reader, it appears xda is down. Has anyone seen or been following this thread? Here is the exact feed from google reader:Thanks in advance.

:P
on my diamond and pro my calender on tf launches to month view. theres a setting in options to do so. is that what this is about?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
on my diamond and pro my calender on tf launches to month view. theres a setting in options to do so. is that what this is about?
For me - when launching calendar from the tf3d home screen it goes to day view - no matter what i set in the options. When I launch calendar from the programs screen, it will open in month view (or whatever I set it at). I think the post at xda is for people that want to be able to get to month view by default from tf3d.

My guess is the guy is having problems getting the tf3d homescreen to launch this application (monthview.exe).
Old 12-20-2008, 09:58 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
For me - when launching calendar from the tf3d home screen it goes to day view - no matter what i set in the options. When I launch calendar from the programs screen, it will open in month view (or whatever I set it at). I think the post at xda is for people that want to be able to get to month view by default from tf3d.

My guess is the guy is having problems getting the tf3d homescreen to launch this application (monthview.exe).
mine are set to launch to month view by default. when i tap calender on home screen, i get month view. to do this i tap calender, then menu, then view and set that to month.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
mine are set to launch to month view by default. when i tap calender on home screen, i get month view. to do this i tap calender, then menu, then view and set that to month.
Doesn't work for me either. Sometimes it'll display month view for a split second then switch to day view, sometimes it'll just go straight to day view. I set month view in both the options menu and view menu.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:09 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Doesn't work for me either. Sometimes it'll display month view for a split second then switch to day view, sometimes it'll just go straight to day view. I set month view in both the options menu and view menu.
hmmm, did you soft reset after the changes? im only saying what i did.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
hmmm, did you soft reset after the changes? im only saying what i did.
Trying it right now...
...aaaaaaaaand
...damn i wish these things would boot a little faster
...aaaaaaaaaannd
NO DICE
Old 12-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I set in calendar options to month view and it seems to be working from TF3D
Old 12-20-2008, 10:25 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestjudge View Post
glad im not alone, thanx for this info.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestjudge View Post
Quote:
glad im not alone, thanx for this info.
Hmmm...perhaps its my ROM then...
...interesting that this guy at xda is having the same problem as me though. I just blew my mind.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software