PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Start calendar in month view

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnyc View Post
Doesn't work for me either. Sometimes it'll display month view for a split second then switch to day view, sometimes it'll just go straight to day view. I set month view in both the options menu and view menu.
Same here.

I use Pocket Informant now & that will launch in month view from TF3D (with a mod), but the Windows calendar definitely won't.

~John
Old 12-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Same here.

I use Pocket Informant now & that will launch in month view from TF3D (with a mod), but the Windows calendar definitely won't.

~John
AH HA!!! Seems I'm not the only one. I guess I'll just have to keep trying back at the xda forums since this problem isn't so universal here at ppcgeeks...

Just out of curiosity - is anyone having problems accessing xda? I think it might be my isp...but I'm not sure

Edit2 - Friend of mine in Korea is having the same issues as myself with xda

Last edited by pjsnyc; 12-20-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

ur not alone... mine did that too.. i have thumcal now, but that switches to day view also (not sure if it's supposed to or not, but in thumcal it looks nice so i dont care). when i was running the default calendar it would switch to day view though just like you (even with settings checked for month view on open)... i ran across a thread a month ago about the issue, i dont think anyone had a solution.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
ur not alone... mine did that too....... i ran across a thread a month ago about the issue, i dont think anyone had a solution.
Which is why I was hoping someone here saw this thread on xda before it went AWOL - this 'monthview.exe' work around would be pretty useful if we could get it to play nice with tf3d.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:00 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

this is a strange one, i just hard reset tonight and reset the same settings i told you about and it worked again. im stating this incase i used some file on my diamond to make it work.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
this is a strange one, i just hard reset tonight and reset the same settings i told you about and it worked again. im stating this incase i used some file on my diamond to make it work.
By any chance was it this? - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...20&postcount=1

Only reason I don't wanna try is because it appears the solution(s) in that thread either might not work OR will work but screw up your clock.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

Fake_Death is just getting started

Mines stays in the month view even if I soft reset it.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Darren thanks for the input but this is a known issue on some cooked roms. It has to do with the manila files that are being used. It was reported in a nother thread here @ppcgeeks. I know cause this has affected me too. I used ssmapa to replace the default calendar as I got tired of trying a million solutions that didn't work. You may want to try Muckys solution in post#32 as it should replace the manila files in question, I haven't tried it myself but someone else reported it works. Hope this helps!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47352
Old 12-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnyc View Post
By any chance was it this? - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...20&postcount=1

Only reason I don't wanna try is because it appears the solution(s) in that thread either might not work OR will work but screw up your clock.
This installs the tf3d calendar tab it does not correct the homepage calendar view issue. See my post above. The real solution is posted later in that thread. Thanks pjsync!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

I put mine in month view and it stays in month view for me when I click on the calendar from the main screen. It used to be a problem until I installed the flip clock instead of keeping the sprint stock clock. Hope this helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software