PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0
Carrier: Sprint

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: spb pocket plus 4 custom icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
im not doing something right that ur doing...i cant put a 4th row on any tab and have it labled...when i do it goes off the screen and puts a scoll bar on the right side...that looks dumb so i only got 3 rows of stuff in each tab right now
try going into pocket plus options, highlight "today plug-in", and click feature options...advanced, check "place plug-in on top of today screen"

Quote:
also i see on ur lables it says more then mine does...ur says ppcgeeks...live search...not mine...mine says ppcg... and lives...lmao...why is it not letting me put more characters?
decrease the size of you text in start---->settings..mine is exactly half

Quote:
abnd lastly im pissed that u were able to link to pacers.com....thats what i wanted the icon for...and for the life of me i cant get it to link...i cant get that to link...or colts.com...braves.com....bungie.net...the only thing i can link to is ppcgeeks.com
All of my web links are through PIE....I havent been able to figure out how to link opera favs. PIE favs are saved in the /windows folder, subfolder favorites (I copied all of these to My Documents because it took forever to link all from the windows folder
Old 12-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff

Quote:
this i can agree with for sure...its taken me forever...every thing i add into one of the tabs i go thru every icon in every set to see if there is a icon better...its taken me for ever...its easier for u im sure since u been using it forever and remember alittle where some icons are...lol...
Yea...I've set up some windows devices for the folks I work with and they make fun of me because I can look at an icon and tell you what set it's from and roughly where it is.

It is kinda sad, but I could have worse hobbies.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:05 AM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovendoor View Post
try going into pocket plus options, highlight "today plug-in", and click feature options...advanced, check "place plug-in on top of today screen"

decrease the size of you text in start---->settings..mine is exactly half

All of my web links are through PIE....I havent been able to figure out how to link opera favs. PIE favs are saved in the /windows folder, subfolder favorites (I copied all of these to My Documents because it took forever to link all from the windows folder
i feel like a complete dumbass...man i should have thought to change the font size in my settings...but i didnt even think about it being that...i was thinking of it being something within pocket plus itself lol...right on mann...

and yea im linking all mine thru PIE also...i messed with skyfire and opera for a few and couldnt figure out how to do it thru either of those...i get a error message on PIE on some sites tho...ill post a screen shot of what im talking about...but thanks man...

Last edited by caddieguy02; 12-20-2008 at 03:07 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:14 AM
caddieguy02

Quote:
man i wasnt even doing it this way...peep how i was doing it...id open PIE...type in the browser the site if i didnt have it saved as a favorite...once the site loads id click menu in the bottom right corner...scroll down to spb pocket plus...once in there i clicked save as...a screen would pop up asking where to save it to...id save it to my storage card inside the pocket spb pocket plus folder...once saved id exit PIE and either go into the spb settings or tap and hold where i wanted to add a link for the site at...then click add and id have to go into the folder and click it and add it that way....man u know how long this is taken me? man broi make stuff harder then they need be sometimes lol

the great thing i notice with this tho is that once i have the site linked and i click on it, it loads in opera and not PIE...i am confused why it does that when it was saved with PIE and not opera...i guess cuz opera is the default browser??? haha

Last edited by caddieguy02; 12-20-2008 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:49 AM
caddieguy02

Quote:
oh i see what u mean...i did it ur way and they load in PIE...well try my way atleast u can load them in opera...i havent been able to do pacers.com tho...a few others for some reason i cant do either...i get a error pop-up...maybe u can figure out why some works and some dont...but i was able to do it ur way....atleast i got pacers.com to work even if it is in PIE...doing it the way i said u can get ppcgeeks...myspace and facebook to link if u use those...
wow i helped u out and didnt even realize haha...let me kno how that works out for ya man..
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
oh i see what u mean...i did it ur way and they load in PIE...well try my way atleast u can load them in opera...i havent been able to do pacers.com tho...a few others for some reason i cant do either...i get a error pop-up...maybe u can figure out why some works and some dont...but i was able to do it ur way....atleast i got pacers.com to work even if it is in PIE...doing it the way i said u can get ppcgeeks...myspace and facebook to link if u use those...
wow i helped u out and didnt even realize haha...let me kno how that works out for ya man..
I'm gonna give this a try....PIE is my 4th favorite browser that I have installed. I'd love to have Opera links instead.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:47 PM
caddieguy02

dang i didnt kno once i dleted the pics off photobucket that they would delete them off here too...thats wild...ah well i changed my setup a bunch since those other pics anyways...ill post new once i get home...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:20 AM
caddieguy02

Update

Quote:
I'm gonna give this a try....PIE is my 4th favorite browser that I have installed. I'd love to have Opera links instead.
Quote:
hey man i found a easier way to link them thru opera then what i posted above...i just figured it out 5 mins ago...here ill post the steps...

open opera and go to whatever site ur wanting to link to..once the site is up, tap and hold ur stylus on the screen...a window will pop up with a few options...within that list it says save page...click save page...it saves it in device/application data/opera9/saved pages...im sure u kno how to link to it from there....but how i did it was i went into the tab im using for my fav websites...held my stylus on the page and clicked add/file and went into device/application data/opera9/saved pages and just click on that and it links to it...let me kno how this works for ya and if u have any problems....this is SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Hey there caddieguy. I was hoping you could tell me if those icons i posted here, worked on your touch pro? I'll be gettin' a TP soon, and it would be nice to know if i can use the same icons or not. Thanks,
dschoenike

Old 12-22-2008, 01:19 PM
caddieguy02

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Hey there caddieguy. I was hoping you could tell me if those icons i posted here, worked on your touch pro? I'll be gettin' a TP soon, and it would be nice to know if i can use the same icons or not. Thanks,
dschoenike
i posted my results on the 1st page...haha ill ill post again...on 2 of the ones u posted worked the iphonesilver set and the ftoo set...but all the ones u posted are in the sets that OVENDOOR posted...so i sgguest u just download all the ones he posted...they all work...and he has all the ones from the site u gave already in one big azz zip lol...

also i put in a request last week for about 7-8 icons that id like to have on mine...not sure how quick those guys over there are on filling requests...but hopefully ill have them soon so i can post new screen shots....mine looks sweet....if i knew of a tutorial on how to make the sets id do a bunch of my own like i did for the HTC customizer...but i went all thry the site u gave and couldnt find one...if u run across one please share lol...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software