PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 08:48 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UI] Pointui Home 2.0 Preview

Keep in mind that this is the free version... the commercial version will have a lot more features.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Keep in mind that this is the free version... the commercial version will have a lot more features.
Yeah, I'll check that out too, although i hope there is a demo. At least a 7-day one.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

im thoroughly impressed with this.
i disabled tflo and enabled this plugin and its like smooth as butter on the diamond

the graphics are crisp and neat, the ui is very intuitive and easy to get used to.

memphis isnt included in the city list yet, but other than that.. for a preview beta release this is stunning. i suggest they increase the plugin screen size all the way to the top and hide the start/signal topbar.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

Im very impressed with the aesthetics and the speed, super fast and beautiful graphics...but the actual "apps" I find not very finger user friendly. Its not very easy to cycle between email accounts and it is missing a full upcoming appointments and weather app, but I guess those will be coming out soon. Now that mobile shell 3 is rumored to be coming out I guess the competition is really heating up.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

funbobnopants is keeping up the good workfunbobnopants is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to funbobnopants

I installed, liked the looks, but again how do you change the temperature readings? Decided to uninstall, could not remove, even with the soft reset then reinstall trick. Then it started to freeze my TP! Just finishing a 6 hour hard reset and reinstallation of all my programs. Just be aware you may have to do the same.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omina i900
Carrier: Vodafone

DJRedLine is keeping up the good workDJRedLine is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by funbobnopants View Post
I installed, liked the looks, but again how do you change the temperature readings? Decided to uninstall, could not remove, even with the soft reset then reinstall trick. Then it started to freeze my TP! Just finishing a 6 hour hard reset and reinstallation of all my programs. Just be aware you may have to do the same.
To change the temperature from celcius to fahrenheight you have to edit the cities.xml file stored within \Home2\AppletRibbon Today and World directory.

It should look like this -

Code:
 <item>
  <id>EUR|UK|UK148|Aldershot</id>
  <text>Aldershot</text>
  <x>162</x>
  <y>30</y>
  <url>http://rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweather_rss.asp?metric=1&amp;locCode=EUR|UK|UK148|Aldershot</url>
  <newsurl>http://news.google.co.uk/news?ned=es_ar&output=rss</newsurl>
  <gmtOffsetMinutes>+0</gmtOffsetMinutes>
 </item>
The URL section has got metric=1 (change this to 0 for Fahrenheight, 1 for Celsius)
Old 02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I installed it and played with it for a while. I was able to add my city to the list and it was workign fine. This UI has definitely great potential and the framework seems to be nice, stable, and fast. However, I feel that it is not ready for primetime yet. I think it still needs some usability improvements since once the "wow" factor wears off it may fall a bit short.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

JBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecker2008 View Post
UPDATE: Pointui Home 2.0 Free is HERE!!! http://www.pointui.com/products/home-2

Hey guys.. I have been checking pointui.com periodically for some time now and notice that sometime between last night and this morning they have added a new video previewing the new Home 2.0 that many of us have been waiting for. It looks pretty slick, even though they did not show many of the features (contacts, calender, etc). Head on over to www.pointui.com to check it out now if you're interested!

It still needs work. If you select "Chicago" in the World Tab, it shows that Chicago is apparently on the coast of a West African nation (Liberia, maybe???). Anywhoo, editing the xml file is beginning to take an HTC Weather xml editing experience i.e. it is a f*cking butthole pain to do. PointUI developers should bring back the PointUI 1.51's weather app guts where finding cities was nearly flawless and the options were abundant. Otherwise, a music player plugin is brain-numbingly missing. This is a norm for WM overlays these days. PointUI is good otherwise, but these omissions are old omissions that should have become inclusions by now. Ah well ... we await the future ...
Old 02-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Yeah, the cities and weather portion is all screwed up. They need to add more cities instead of having use endlessly coding for them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software