PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

mppics is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *7/07 UPDATE* PANDORA! VGA+PLAYBACK Fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite_vizion View Post
i was having the same debug error w/ pandora (running mightyrom on htc touch pro) and came across a fix that is so simple it's ridiculous...and it worked for me!!!

ready, here goes:

uncheck the 'shuffle' option in windows media player.

let me know if this works for you too...
Yup! That fixed the Debug Assertion Failed! error at startup. That's pretty ridiculous. Thanks!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

bkress is just getting started
Smile Re: *7/07 UPDATE* PANDORA! VGA+PLAYBACK Fix!

I am glad to see that this fix is working for pretty much everybody who tries it. Now at least I know I didn't waste all that time coming up with a solution to this for nothing.

Now, the 40 Million dollar question is...
How does having shuffle turned on in Windows Media break Pandora?

Since I did not develop this application, I don't even know where to start... But, maybe some of you gurus out there have some ideas...

BK
Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

firefighter1546 is a n00b

this app works on my sprint touch pro 2. Very good app thanks for your time.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

sherm1123 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to sherm1123

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
Added latest version of pandora.cab v.1.1.10(1)

Thanks to SUMCRAZYGUY we have a fix using advanced config... He has outlined everything for you.. YOU CAN THANK HIM ON POST # 795

PLEASE PM ME AND LET ME KNOW IF THIS DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/p...eenPandora.jpg

(6-29-09)
bikeandestroyx has created a cab combining Yearn's VGA fix find and IVAN1's playback issues cab!!! Download and install file "VGA+IVAN1 Pandora.cab" at the bottom of this post. You can thank bikeandestroyx on page 78 post# 772 for this! IMPORTANT NOTE: This may not work with all ROMs.
(06-17-09
) Diamond, Pro and all other VGA users, Our member Yearn has snooped the XDA and found a fix for the WONKY display from xk2600! Though the buttons on the bottom of the screen may be small, atleast the song display looks very appealing now... Download the file VGA-Pandora.zip under this post and replace My Device\Program Files\Pandora\Pandora.exe with the one in the zip and there you'll have it! THANKS Yearn! You guys can thank him on pg.74 post#733

Touch Pro Users, Ivan1_ruiz has Solved your issues!! well atleast one of them It has been confirmed multiple times on page 66 and 67 of this thread. Download his pandora file attached to this 1st post called IVAN1-pandora.cab and follow his instructions, here:

Thanks Ivan1_ruiz!
Be sure to thank him on page 66!

Sprint Users: Check here http://www.pandora.com/sprint for up-to-date compatible sprint phones straight from pandora.com... so far there are 20 sprint phones that are compatible, but only 2 are smartphone/pocket pc's (6900 and moto Q9C) which i think is kind of ridiculous considering the fact that 99% of Windows mobile users will have an Internet/Data plan and Others usually do not... Ugh.

Ok so i've tested this on a mogul and it works great... some over at xda say that it doesn't work for them( i have a feeling its cuz of VGA), but most say it does!

i have my diamond packed away ready for sale so i will not test this on it

Give it a shot, and if someone with VGA can test, that would be awesome!

i've attached the cab...

Please inform me on how it works with your device!

heres how it looks on

QVGA(240x320)..................................... ..... And the 'Wonky' VGA (480x640)......................................... ...........240x240(like 700wx)

Omnia 240x400 (thanks Syrguy)
Don't worry VGA buds, yotoad has posted D-pad workings

up - list of stations
center button - play/pause
left / right - back/forward
down - contextual menu specific to song

Devices and possible issues:

On all devices, it seems the sound quality isn't the greatest (32k-64k ish) but this is a big step in getting this program on our phones, so give it time

Touch(6900): Works great "i have an official 6.1 upgrade from htc for my touch and it works great"(davidrules7778)

Mogul: My test: boot-up display is a little off (M2DROM), but everything is perfect after that

Apache 6700: everything works, but Skips to next song if u lose signal momentarily(psiphi)

700wx(WM5): "works perfect" (Cozboogie)

800w: when u press down on the dpad it turns down the volume and u can't get it go back up unless u exit out of the app(dannzeman)

Diamond: "Open Keyboard first(or map kb to button), then launch program. WORKS! but display is a little wonky" (bigggant)

Touch Pro: Use SUMCRAZYGUY's fix

Omnia: at the point you need to create an account/sign in, it covers the bottom bar and doesn't kick in the keyboard(load kb before program or map kb to button)(Syrguy1969)

Samsung I760: Works Great!

AT&T Tilt: Works Great

Credit also going out to the guys at XDA and pjsnyc for bringing it over here yesterday and i failed to search before posting! my bad

Pandora.zip is version 1.0.25

Pandora.cab is updated version 1.1.4 (thanks gammaray-poster- and boggsie-version verifier-)
Working with my Omnia II!!!! Thanks!
Old 12-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc rapheal
Carrier: sprint

additc is a n00b

weirdly doesnt play to the end of any song. but then starts another one
Old 12-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone

cexley is a n00b

Working on an HTC Ozone. Using the pandora.cab from the 1st page. Adjusted the TCP settings to those suggested. Pandora app looks great...never a problem, but the songs still end early. Has anyone gotten pandora to work on an HTC Ozone, and if you did, what did you do?
Thanks
Old 01-05-2010, 05:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.1
Carrier: Sprint

iPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've created a CAB that installs Pandora onto VGA devices with all needed fixes/reg changes.

Please see:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104728

I've only tested it on HTC Touch Diamond.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter1546 View Post
this app works on my sprint touch pro 2. Very good app thanks for your time.
which cab are u using? the ones ive tried all cute off short on each song

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Old 01-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

bkress is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Assasin View Post
I have tried this fix several times with no success. I used this program at work daily and couldn't figure out why I could not use it in the previous weeks. Chalked it up to server down for weeks. The website states it is compatable with Mogul. Then I remembered I flashed to 6.5. Is this what could be the problem? Does anyone have a fix for 6.5 upgrade to use Pandora. I lost Lastfm and now this. Please help. I can not stream music on work computer. This program is needed for my sanity!
Try flashing a different ROM. I also had this problem where it kept telling me the server is down and could not connect in Pandora. After playing around, I also noticed that it did this with YouTube. So, I eventually flashed to NRG's ROM for Raphael (Phoenix 2 is the current I believe). Once I did that, it solved all of my connectivity issues with Pandora and YouTube.

Certain ROM's seem not to have the necessary files needed to play certain media??? Hopefully this helps you...

bkress
Old 01-12-2010, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Turn off the shuffle in Windows Media Player and the debug goes away.
thank u for sharing, sir. and OP is right, this post shud be put sumwhere easy to find, lol..thx again Mr. OB

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software