PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Peezee Foesheezee
Carrier: Sprint

stevenp1200 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *7/07 UPDATE* PANDORA! VGA+PLAYBACK Fix!

Anybody trying to at least resolve this issue? If so can you give us status on the "C++" error? To me it kind of reminds me of the early Mogul days and the Verizon MMS picture mail fix for Sprint. After a while it stopped for everyone at the same time. Is was discovered immediately that the error was something provoked by Sprint and Verizon cause Verizon threatened to sue Sprint. HELP
Old 07-27-2009, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!
Carrier: sprint

2kidz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz

I HAVE TRIED AND TRIED EVERYTHING U SUGGESTED AND KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MSG WHEN I TRY TO GET INTO PANDORA ON MY HTC TP:
IN THE PURPLE HEADER ON TOP: MICROSOFT VISUAL C ++ DEBUG LIBR...
THEN IT HAS A BIG RED/WHITE CIRCULAR X W/ PROGRAM:/STORAGE
CARD/PROGRAM
FILES/PANDORA/PANDORA.EXE
FILE: C:/PROGRAM
FILES/MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO
8/VC/CE/INCLUDE/VECTOR
LINE:756
EXPRESSION: VECTOR SUBSCRIPT
OUT OF RANGE
(PRESS RETRY TO DEBUG THE APPLICATION)
ABORT RETRY IGNORE

NOTHING WORKS FOR ME AND I WANT MY PANDORA! HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
Added latest version of pandora.cab v.1.1.10(1)

Thanks to SUMCRAZYGUY we have a fix using advanced config... He has outlined everything for you.. YOU CAN THANK HIM ON POST # 795

PLEASE PM ME AND LET ME KNOW IF THIS DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/p...eenPandora.jpg

(6-29-09) bikeandestroyx has created a cab combining Yearn's VGA fix find and IVAN1's playback issues cab!!! Download and install file "VGA+IVAN1 Pandora.cab" at the bottom of this post. You can thank bikeandestroyx on page 78 post# 772 for this! IMPORTANT NOTE: This may not work with all ROMs.
(06-17-09) Diamond, Pro and all other VGA users, Our member Yearn has snooped the XDA and found a fix for the WONKY display from xk2600! Though the buttons on the bottom of the screen may be small, atleast the song display looks very appealing now... Download the file VGA-Pandora.zip under this post and replace My Device\Program Files\Pandora\Pandora.exe with the one in the zip and there you'll have it! THANKS Yearn! You guys can thank him on pg.74 post#733

Touch Pro Users, Ivan1_ruiz has Solved your issues!! well atleast one of them It has been confirmed multiple times on page 66 and 67 of this thread. Download his pandora file attached to this 1st post called IVAN1-pandora.cab and follow his instructions, here:

Thanks Ivan1_ruiz!
Be sure to thank him on page 66!

Sprint Users: Check here http://www.pandora.com/sprint for up-to-date compatible sprint phones straight from pandora.com... so far there are 20 sprint phones that are compatible, but only 2 are smartphone/pocket pc's (6900 and moto Q9C) which i think is kind of ridiculous considering the fact that 99% of Windows mobile users will have an Internet/Data plan and Others usually do not... Ugh.

Ok so i've tested this on a mogul and it works great... some over at xda say that it doesn't work for them( i have a feeling its cuz of VGA), but most say it does!

i have my diamond packed away ready for sale so i will not test this on it

Give it a shot, and if someone with VGA can test, that would be awesome!

i've attached the cab...

Please inform me on how it works with your device!

heres how it looks on

QVGA(240x320)..................................... ..... And the 'Wonky' VGA (480x640)......................................... ...........240x240(like 700wx)

Omnia 240x400 (thanks Syrguy)
Don't worry VGA buds, yotoad has posted D-pad workings

up - list of stations
center button - play/pause
left / right - back/forward
down - contextual menu specific to song

Devices and possible issues:

On all devices, it seems the sound quality isn't the greatest (32k-64k ish) but this is a big step in getting this program on our phones, so give it time

Touch(6900): Works great "i have an official 6.1 upgrade from htc for my touch and it works great"(davidrules7778)

Mogul: My test: boot-up display is a little off (M2DROM), but everything is perfect after that

Apache 6700: everything works, but Skips to next song if u lose signal momentarily(psiphi)

700wx(WM5): "works perfect" (Cozboogie)

800w: when u press down on the dpad it turns down the volume and u can't get it go back up unless u exit out of the app(dannzeman)

Diamond: "Open Keyboard first(or map kb to button), then launch program. WORKS! but display is a little wonky" (bigggant)

Touch Pro: Use SUMCRAZYGUY's fix

Omnia: at the point you need to create an account/sign in, it covers the bottom bar and doesn't kick in the keyboard(load kb before program or map kb to button)(Syrguy1969)

Samsung I760: Works Great!

AT&T Tilt: Works Great

Credit also going out to the guys at XDA and pjsnyc for bringing it over here yesterday and i failed to search before posting! my bad

Pandora.zip is version 1.0.25

Pandora.cab is updated version 1.1.4 (thanks gammaray-poster- and boggsie-version verifier-)
Old 07-27-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!
Carrier: sprint

2kidz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz

PLEASE HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidz View Post
I HAVE TRIED AND TRIED EVERYTHING U SUGGESTED AND KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MSG WHEN I TRY TO GET INTO PANDORA ON MY HTC TP:
IN THE PURPLE HEADER ON TOP: MICROSOFT VISUAL C ++ DEBUG LIBR...
THEN IT HAS A BIG RED/WHITE CIRCULAR X W/ PROGRAM:/STORAGE
CARD/PROGRAM
FILES/PANDORA/PANDORA.EXE
FILE: C:/PROGRAM
FILES/MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO
8/VC/CE/INCLUDE/VECTOR
LINE:756
EXPRESSION: VECTOR SUBSCRIPT
OUT OF RANGE
(PRESS RETRY TO DEBUG THE APPLICATION)
ABORT RETRY IGNORE

NOTHING WORKS FOR ME AND I WANT MY PANDORA! HELP!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

Leonardn is a n00b

Folks, first time posting. I am a die-hard Pandora user but haven't successfully installed it on my Omnia phone. Can you provide me even simpler step by step? Here's what I tried to do:
1. downloaded pandora.cab and Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3.3.cab on to my PC
2. copy/pasted CABs to My Windows Mobile-Based Device folder
3. from the PC, attempted to open and install the CAB which is clearly not right (just get properties window)
4. Active Sync is up, connected, but not syncing. (I forced a stop to keep duplicated calendar listings from happening)
5. Where on the Omnia do I go to install the Pandora.cab and Advanced.cab? I don't see the files anywhere. When surfing to Pandora, it still says no solution yet for my smartphone.

Thanks, in advance, for your help
Old 07-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

socialsavant is a n00b
Pandora 1.1.10+TCP Fix+VGA Fix=C++ Error on TP

First, I just want to say thanks to all who have helped to get ANY part of Pandora working... Thank you very much...

I have been trying a couple differents combinations on my Touch Pro (6850) and so far have been able to only get Pandora beyond the C++ Error mentioned above by installing clean Pandora 1.1.10, .NET CF 3.5, Adv. Config 3.3; adjusting the TCP to 98xxx; starting Pandora.

Notice the LACK of overwriting Pandora.exe (as in SumCrazyGuy's fix). This, of course, means I still have a "wonky" VGA display... boo...

But it works! I am using the stock rom and probably should mention that I do not have a Windows Box (ie. no ActiveSync). I had to manually install the .NET CF using some intermediate Linux skills (Thanks to all those Wine Devs/Users and a small hint on the MS website). I do not yet see how the manual install has effected anything, if it has, but I think it is worth noting.

I offer these words in order to show that Pandora can be made to work still, even on the Wonky TP, but also to mention that I too am experiencing this C++ Debug Error.
--Everytime I type Debug Error I can't help but think that the .NET is involved somehow...hmmm...--

P.S. I saw the short blog entry on Pandora's site about the Blackberry version of Pandora being highly improved and offering options to listen to HiFi streams! Wouldn't that be cool to have on a WinMo Device! Any thoughts/ideas???

Update: I have now had Pandora crash to the MS Crash Report Prompt twice in the last 30 minutes. Once after only playing one song and the second time after several songs/minutes. I have noticed that it only seems to crash when a song finishes...

--socialSavant
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technological progress has only provided us
with a more efficient means for going backwards.
--Aldous Huxley (Early 20th Century Writer)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by socialsavant; 07-30-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Peezee Foesheezee

stevenp1200 is a n00b

Thanx Socialsavant. I just wanna say that, 1-2 years ago this problem would've been resolved. It seems like there aren't as many WM freaks like there used to be. I know cause I work for Sprint. Due to the lack of "user friendliness," I see and sale more Black Berries and Palm Pres than i do Touch Pros or even Palm Pros. Most customers will take a look at the device and say "no way." With the lack of programs such as Pandora (which trust me, is a good selling point,) it seems no one wants the Touch Pro. What kills the selling point even more is the price tag of the high end WM devices. I could remember more people purchasing the Mogul over the faster Touch Pro.
I know this is off topic, but something has to be done about the lack of programs. WM has been out as long as Black Berry, yet most of the good or popular programs have to be tweaked in order to operate fairly good.
My real question is; is there a way to directly address this to Pandora? Black Berry with the Hifi streaming or what ever, shows me there is some sort of conspiracy against WM.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardn View Post
Folks, first time posting. I am a die-hard Pandora user but haven't successfully installed it on my Omnia phone. Can you provide me even simpler step by step? Here's what I tried to do:
1. downloaded pandora.cab and Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3.3.cab on to my PC
2. copy/pasted CABs to My Windows Mobile-Based Device folder
3. from the PC, attempted to open and install the CAB which is clearly not right (just get properties window)
4. Active Sync is up, connected, but not syncing. (I forced a stop to keep duplicated calendar listings from happening)
5. Where on the Omnia do I go to install the Pandora.cab and Advanced.cab? I don't see the files anywhere. When surfing to Pandora, it still says no solution yet for my smartphone.

Thanks, in advance, for your help
you don't need all the advanced config crap on the omnia, just install the 1st or 2nd pandora file in the attachments... try em both see which works

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

Leonardn is a n00b

Success! Pandora is now working on my Omnia. Now here's another ...dumb question. I'm only getting audio out of one channel. Assuming this is because the phone thinks I'm using it for hands-free phone/mic setup. How do I tell it to pump stereo into headphones?
Old 08-02-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.1

iPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: *7/07 UPDATE* PANDORA! VGA+PLAYBACK Fix!

Wow, you guys rock. Thanks, the fixes work and streaming stays good all the way =] +VGA HTC Touch Diamond
Old 08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

OK. So why am I getting the debug error. This use to work for me. Then one day. Nope.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software