PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 10:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

MogulMongler is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PANDORA for WM is HERE!

yeah, i hope they port this over to the Diamond. Mine will just play for 30 seconds and stop, switch to next song.

With the touch,it was perfect, I'd go on my 2 hour bike rides and listen to Pandora the whole way through. I would just turn off the screen and it would keep playing.

One of my biggest con's on the Diamond is that Pandora is very volatile.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogulMongler View Post
yeah, i hope they port this over to the Diamond. Mine will just play for 30 seconds and stop, switch to next song.

With the touch,it was perfect, I'd go on my 2 hour bike rides and listen to Pandora the whole way through. I would just turn off the screen and it would keep playing.

One of my biggest con's on the Diamond is that Pandora is very volatile.

yeah well there is a lot of us workin on this.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:44 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Just thought I would post this, in case someone here was able to make any positive progress with the files posted. Apparently these files have better VGA support and could possibly help someone further develop Pandora to play nice on our devices.

Pandora cabs from Att Fuze, not working on WM6.5
So I have an ATT Fuze running the RRE 6.5 Series6 21215 RC3 rom.
I downloaded the Pandora cab from internet explorer (www.pandora.com).
It gave me one cab that I installed and it said my trial was over. I had previously used the att version on my tilt. I then tapped on the subscribe link and it sent me to a page confirming my wish to subscribe. It then gave me a second cab to download. I tried to connect and when I chose a station,
it timed out as it has with others using 6.5 versions. I do not know if anyone can do anything with these cabs, but here they are labeled as pre-subscription and post-subscription files. The application was displaying the text formatted for VGA. All other versions I have found online have had the text formatted for QVGA.

Screenshots:

Original post found here at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...407305&page=30
Attached Files
File Type: cab pandora-presubscription.cab (255.1 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab pandora-postsubscription.cab (255.1 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 05-02-2009 at 11:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work

Is there any way to increase the volume/quality? A friend of mine uses Pandora on his iPhone, and it sounds much better.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Um... WOW. The more and more I read and play, the more and more thrilled I get with this phone.

HTC Touch Pro WinMo 6.1, looks a little ugly but plays music like a charm. Thanks a ton!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
Um... WOW. The more and more I read and play, the more and more thrilled I get with this phone.

HTC Touch Pro WinMo 6.1, looks a little ugly but plays music like a charm. Thanks a ton!
Which cab are you using that works on your phone? Are you running a custom ROM?

Please link DIRECTLY to the Pandora cab you are using or just repost the cab in your reply.

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

is there any word on getting Pandora to work on 6.5?

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 04:40 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

I have decompiled the Pandora .exe but have had no luck modifying it to support VGA. Any changes I make breaks the applications security certificates and it will not run. If anyone here can make use of the decompiled files that would be great.

I will attach them, so that any programmers that may want to play with the files can. Although I don't know know there is much that can be done, other then wait for a true VGA version to arrive. Since I'm sure I'm not the first person to have decompiled the .exe and played around with the files.

Also I wanted to say that for those who have issues with the player turning off when the screen goes black, try this registry change:

To let the music keep playing even while the device is in standby, add the following registry keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ Preferences]
"UnattendedPlayback"=dword:1
"FastCacheReserve"=dword:00880000
"LocalCacheReserve"=dword:00880000
Attached Files
File Type: rar Pandora decompiled.rar (92.9 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by santod; 05-04-2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandogg View Post
Is there any way to increase the volume/quality? A friend of mine uses Pandora on his iPhone, and it sounds much better.
Ditto! Searching this thread uncovered several folk asking how to turn DOWN the volume. Mine is pitifully low. When I turn up my BT car deck to accomodate Pandora's low output, other sounds from my Omnia then blast out painfully loud.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
I have decompiled the Pandora .exe but have had no luck modifying it to support VGA. Any changes I make breaks the applications security certificates and it will not run. If anyone here can make use of the decompiled files that would be great.

I will attach them, so that any programmers that may want to play with the files can. Although I don't know know there is much that can be done, other then wait for a true VGA version to arrive. Since I'm sure I'm not the first person to have decompiled the .exe and played around with the files.

Also I wanted to say that for those who have issues with the player turning off when the screen goes black, try this registry change:

To let the music keep playing even while the device is in standby, add the following registry keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ Preferences]
"UnattendedPlayback"=dword:1
"FastCacheReserve"=dword:00880000
"LocalCacheReserve"=dword:00880000
Thanks bro. Ill work on the files

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software