PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PANDORA for WM is HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
I don't think the problem with poor sound quality is due to a low bitrate... I think it is because the current winmo Pandora client isn't decoding the full aac+ stream. Pandora for desktop uses a 64kbit stream but with aac+ encoding so it sounds like 168kbit mp3. I have tested this with players that do not support aac+ and the 64kbit aac+ file sounds like what we're currently hearing with Pandora Windows mobile. In fact, there are many aac+ streams that are only 24kbit on shoutcast and they sound MUCH better than the Pandora Winmo. I play them through Kinoma play, which does support aac+. If only we could figure out the stream url we could play through Kinoma. The url for last.fm is known and it plays through Kinoma, but I think Pandora locks their stream down pretty well. Oh well, maybe if enough people complain, Pandora will fix their client to support aac+.
Yeah, what he said...
Old 01-14-2009, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Verizon

bryn987 is just getting started

i just can't believe nobody but one person on XDA has the problem of their phone dialing someone when plugging in the usb adapter
Old 01-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

anthony_molg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryn987 View Post
i just can't believe nobody but one person on XDA has the problem of their phone dialing someone when plugging in the usb adapter

???what???
Old 01-15-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

when I plug in the adapter to the mini-usb port on the phone so I can hook the phone up to my car's radio, the phone starts dialing the last person I called. every time I hang up the phone, it keeps re-dialing the same number
Old 01-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryn987 View Post
when I plug in the adapter to the mini-usb port on the phone so I can hook the phone up to my car's radio, the phone starts dialing the last person I called. every time I hang up the phone, it keeps re-dialing the same number
I would try a different adapter. Sounds like there is a short and the phone thinks you have pushed the button on a handsfree headset.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I did buy some cheap adapter from ebay. I can try a different one and if it also doesnt work, time to replace it

amazon has this for less then $5 with shipping. Anyone have any experience with it or can post a link to one you are using?
http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Heads.../dp/B001A1IKFK

or this one so I can charge at the same time in the car. probably a better investment
http://www.amazon.com/i-Trek-Stereo-.../dp/B000UHY6XU

Last edited by bryn987; 01-15-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: t-mo wing/herald
Carrier: t-mobile

fishwiz45 is a n00b

hey all.... i'm a long time lurker but am active on xda... after much reading and also experiencing the assertion failed message, i've finally got this working well. i did what was suggested several posts/pages back. although it sounds ugly...if you get your sd card organized with all your cabs easily found in one place it's not so bad. YEP! i did a hard reset, installed pandora first then all the rest of my apps... yee haw!!!! been working pretty good ever since! wierd though...even when my phone signal is fairly strong...the stream gets interrupted sometimes, resulting in a freeze on the connecting screen.. if i put my phone on flight mode and then reconnect or do a soft reset all is good again. T-MOBILE 5.99 PROXY HACK ON WING/HERALD/P4350
Old 01-16-2009, 05:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jewel
Carrier: Sprint [SERO Premium]

mrnamster is keeping up the good workmrnamster is keeping up the good work

Does anybody get stuck at the intial loading animation + windows vista green bar when pandora is installed after gscroll? I think I narrowed my problem down to that..hope this helps..
Old 01-16-2009, 09:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ianargent is a n00b

FWIW - I got the Debug assertion failed on my Mogul. Replaced it (for other reasons) with a Touch Pro (Sprint). Loaded the Pandora app as one of the first things on it, the program started, though I didn't let a song play through. Today, I get the assertion failed message again. (I've installed some software int eh meantime, but the only thing I know I installed afterwards was TomTom 7)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

your touchP is stock, isn't it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software