PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PANDORA for WM is HERE!

Any ideas? Just read this thread you just posted on, my friend.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

samshady is a n00b

I've installed both versions of Pandora located in the first post and only get about 3/4 of a song then it jumps. I know this would kind of defeat the purpose in having the app but isn't there a reg change that makes the browser seem to be from a computer? Couldn't we just trick pandora into thinking we were connecting from a computer or laptop and go to the site through Opera?

Last edited by samshady; 01-12-2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: sp
Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Sprint Users: Check here http://www.pandora.com/sprint for up-to-date compatible sprint phones straight from pandora.com... so far there are 20 sprint phones that are compatible, but only 2 are smartphone/pocket pc's (6900 and moto Q9C) which i think is kind of ridiculous considering the fact that 99% of Windows mobile users will have an Internet/Data plan and Others usually do not... Ugh.

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
Sprint Users: Check here http://www.pandora.com/sprint for up-to-date compatible sprint phones straight from pandora.com... so far there are 20 sprint phones that are compatible, but only 2 are smartphone/pocket pc's (6900 and moto Q9C) which i think is kind of ridiculous considering the fact that 99% of Windows mobile users will have an Internet/Data plan and Others usually do not... Ugh.
Yeah, I got a copy of the java app for the Razr, tried running it on the TP with no luck. That was back before the WinMo one was even released though. Something interesting, I shot them an e-mail asking about a WinMo version of Pandora and they said they planned on developing one at some point but had no information on the release date... then a mere few days later the version for the Touch came out. Really made me feel like I was just being fed a line of BS.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Just got my TP last week and tried this out. It worked perfectly on my apache. On the TP, it works but less than perfectly. The V1.0.25 cab (in a previous post) delivers full functionally. No dropping songs or skipping. The visual sucks a bit however from tiny-ness. Especially the menu access. I finally found it though and got so finding it became sort of repeatable. It's livable for now. After all, this is an audio program, not a visual program. And until the TP shows up on the Pandora list, apparently this will be as good as it gets. My music still plays and plays. So I am relatively happy.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Selltech is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Selltech

just wanted to say thanks for pandora mobile. It works great on my nearly stock 6800. thanks again it rocks
Old 01-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

A possible fix was posted here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1478 by juggalo x. Posting it here for additional distribution.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Yeah, I got a copy of the java app for the Razr, tried running it on the TP with no luck. That was back before the WinMo one was even released though. Something interesting, I shot them an e-mail asking about a WinMo version of Pandora and they said they planned on developing one at some point but had no information on the release date... then a mere few days later the version for the Touch came out. Really made me feel like I was just being fed a line of BS.

months ago i tried editing the Sh*t outta the java version for the Razr and couldn't get ANYWHERE... i'd pass one block and get stumped at another... i'm glad this isn't java tho, a standalone program IMO is better than one which relies on a specific platform/other program
Old 01-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

anthony_molg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy6996 View Post
POSSIBLE BITRATE HACK???

Just browsing the reg ....

\HKLM\Software\Pandora

There are 2 entries in there. 1 that sets the flag not to warn about bandwidth usage. The other is a value of what your playlist is, so the next time you log in, it will pick back up where you left off.

Makes me wonder if a DWORD like BITRATE and 128 will fix this? It certainly isn't BitRate and 128 because I've tried it, but maybe someone with more skills can look in to this avenue?
Did any one try this??? Do we know how to improve Sound quality yet?? Thank you.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff

I don't think the problem with poor sound quality is due to a low bitrate... I think it is because the current winmo Pandora client isn't decoding the full aac+ stream. Pandora for desktop uses a 64kbit stream but with aac+ encoding so it sounds like 168kbit mp3. I have tested this with players that do not support aac+ and the 64kbit aac+ file sounds like what we're currently hearing with Pandora Windows mobile. In fact, there are many aac+ streams that are only 24kbit on shoutcast and they sound MUCH better than the Pandora Winmo. I play them through Kinoma play, which does support aac+. If only we could figure out the stream url we could play through Kinoma. The url for last.fm is known and it plays through Kinoma, but I think Pandora locks their stream down pretty well. Oh well, maybe if enough people complain, Pandora will fix their client to support aac+.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software