PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 02:38 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Good Opera Mini 4.2 cab

Hey guys, I just found this over at XDA. its the best 4.2 cab iv neen so far. No alerts or notifications, and the fonts much bigger for some reason??
credit goes to Boxer112 at this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=455655
Attached Files
File Type: cab Mini.cab (2.88 MB, 1458 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 22 times.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700==>>6800==>>Touc==>>Now I'm a PRO
Carrier: Sprint

boxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuff
Re: Good Opera Mini 4.2 cab

Thanks Yearn
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:43 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

thanks bro

Old 12-06-2008, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

boxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuff

Does anybody have a signed version of google maps 2.3.2 on java it has street view. I could make a cab with that too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:57 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

I dont but I would definatly like to see it happen
Old 12-06-2008, 03:59 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

I found this if it helps;

[QUOTE]
I got a signed version of Google Maps and now the internet permissions message is gone....Horray! I read many forums on how to get the signed version of Google Maps 2.3.2 and nothing worked until I ignored the advice of many and stopped trying to download it directly from my phone on the mobile page at Google.

Instead, I went to the google maps page on my PC and used the feature to send a text message to my mobile with a link in it. I accessed this text message on my phone and it had a different link in it than the one available from the m.google.com in the phone's browser. Note that this link changed when I tried it again so posting the link may be misleading. Also, as other forums indicated I had to click on the google link to download the application multiple times before I got the signed version.

Once you go to the link in the text message everything looks the same up until it you say yes to wanting to download from an untrusted source EXCEPT,
a) the screen that used to say, among other things, UNTRUSTED changes to TRUSTED THIRD PARTY and this means
b) Instead of just downloadng it offers you a choice -- look at the certificate (something like signiture document) or download. The net result is no more permission messages to access the internet.

It does not seem to recognize the GPS in the phone so the blue dot is still an approximation but otherwise this is really great...it makes an annoying application into a great one!
Old 12-06-2008, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

aikidoka is just getting started

I'm not getting the new google maps via the text message route
Old 12-06-2008, 04:38 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

this is rockin! i am using it now... this is now my main browser
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

For a comparison of text sizes, Extra Large on the older versions seems to be the same as Medium on this version. This also doesn't have the scrolling issue that the other junky VGA jbed has, and is full screen.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Smile Re: Good Opera Mini 4.2 cab

Here you go guys. The Google Maps Street View V2.3.2 working touch screen
I wanted to make a new cab with opera, google and maybe gmail. But I couldn't find a signed version of google. So here's the file, you can try it. But you guys have to create your own shortcut.

Google

Pros: Fast, Street View, Transit and Walking directions, FAST

Con: No GPS

Screen01.jpg
Screen03.jpg
Screen04.jpg
Screen05.jpg

Google.zip
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software