View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 03:59 PM
yearn
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: Good Opera Mini 4.2 cab

I found this if it helps;

[QUOTE]
I got a signed version of Google Maps and now the internet permissions message is gone....Horray! I read many forums on how to get the signed version of Google Maps 2.3.2 and nothing worked until I ignored the advice of many and stopped trying to download it directly from my phone on the mobile page at Google.

Instead, I went to the google maps page on my PC and used the feature to send a text message to my mobile with a link in it. I accessed this text message on my phone and it had a different link in it than the one available from the m.google.com in the phone's browser. Note that this link changed when I tried it again so posting the link may be misleading. Also, as other forums indicated I had to click on the google link to download the application multiple times before I got the signed version.

Once you go to the link in the text message everything looks the same up until it you say yes to wanting to download from an untrusted source EXCEPT,
a) the screen that used to say, among other things, UNTRUSTED changes to TRUSTED THIRD PARTY and this means
b) Instead of just downloadng it offers you a choice -- look at the certificate (something like signiture document) or download. The net result is no more permission messages to access the internet.

It does not seem to recognize the GPS in the phone so the blue dot is still an approximation but otherwise this is really great...it makes an annoying application into a great one!