PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Carrier: sprint

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18
Re: Palringo!

yea sorry that what I was talking about. i was saying every time I used it in the past and 2 days ago if I go to close a chat window it will erase the whole talk and i can't remember what was talked about or bring it up. so I use slick. I asked Palringo to please add the feature of when u close the window whaen you click on the person name to bring back up the talk but they never added it so I don't use it.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmd18 View Post
yea sorry that what I was talking about. i was saying every time I used it in the past and 2 days ago if I go to close a chat window it will erase the whole talk and i can't remember what was talked about or bring it up. so I use slick. I asked Palringo to please add the feature of when u close the window whaen you click on the person name to bring back up the talk but they never added it so I don't use it.
Yeah that is kinda annoying but if you just press the "Chats" option on the left side, then select "Contact list" it'll keep the chat session in memory. Then you can re-open any chat sessions that you have active by again pressing the "Chats" option and just selecting the chat session you want to continue on. It'll show a check mark next to each chat session when you get a new message.

It is kinda annoying but that's the only way to keep your chat history alive at the moment. I wish they would make it like the AIM program where it keeps your chat session active under the name of the buddy your're chatting with.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:54 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqnezz View Post
Yeah that is kinda annoying but if you just press the "Chats" option on the left side, then select "Contact list" it'll keep the chat session in memory. Then you can re-open any chat sessions that you have active by again pressing the "Chats" option and just selecting the chat session you want to continue on. It'll show a check mark next to each chat session when you get a new message.

It is kinda annoying but that's the only way to keep your chat history alive at the moment. I wish they would make it like the AIM program where it keeps your chat session active under the name of the buddy your're chatting with.
Yep! that the way to do it...

Old 02-05-2009, 03:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So does Palringo use SMS for the IM or does it require an active data connection at all times (for typed messages, obviously I know the voice would require an active data connection).

Or does anyone know of a good IM that doesn't require an active data session? I don't want to kill the battery by signing into an IM...
Old 02-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
So does Palringo use SMS for the IM or does it require an active data connection at all times (for typed messages, obviously I know the voice would require an active data connection).

Or does anyone know of a good IM that doesn't require an active data session? I don't want to kill the battery by signing into an IM...
You can use AIM over SMS . No data, just text messages.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post

It uses a data connection...but the drain is pretty minimal. It has a setting to help preserve battery life.

Download and install it...see for yourself. Then join the PPCGeeks group.

late,
Coz
Old 02-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have an Alltel 6900 and it wont allow me to login.....
Old 02-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

If anyone wanna add me on palringo my s/n is Hotshot205 [AT] hotmail [DOT] com

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 02-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

The Shogun is a n00b

Does this program piggy back on the default OZ instant messenger program? Because anytime I get a message (AIM at least), I notice that that program is now running all of a sudden.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shogun View Post
Does this program piggy back on the default OZ instant messenger program? Because anytime I get a message (AIM at least), I notice that that program is now running all of a sudden.
By default it auto starts. You can change that in settings

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software