PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nice Media Player

coreplayer is plain ugly. for whoever is looking for a player i found POCKET PLAYER. i'll settle for that now. its looks kinda good. find it here http://www.conduits.com/products/player/download.asp
Old 09-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
Agreed. If you can hold your horses awhile, there's one on the horizon that looks really promising. Already past its supposed release date, so it's anybody's guess when it will actually come out, and it'll probably only be in Japan or something like that, at first. More info & pic in earlier thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...866#post406866
That looks awesome! But there's a problem...

Resolution looks like the Omnia's. Also, thats not WM
Old 09-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
...thats not WM
A few weeks ago, I read this about the M8 (pronounced "mate" or something such:

>>>>>
The interface itself will be built on top of Microsoft's latest windows embedded operating system, Win CE 6.0 which is targeted to enterprise specific tools such as industrial controllers and consumer electronics. Not to be confused with Microsoft's current Mobile operating system Windows Mobile 6.1 (which places far more restrictions upon it's programming) Win CE 6.0 will actually form the basis for Microsoft's next generation of Mobile operating system Windows Mobile 7 which it is said will be heavily graphics driven and gesture/touch orientated. The use of Windows CE 6.0 is also also another 1st I believe for any phone available (in the west anyway).
<<<<<

The M8 sounds really promising. Full article is still available, here:
http://tinyurl.com/4zc8r4
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Check out MortPlayer. It is free, has alot of skins, runs very smoothly, has an EQ and everything built in, and has a hell of a nice alarm clock with ascending sound so it wakes you slowly. I have used it on my Mogul, Touch and now my Diamond and love it. BTW, I could care less about album covers so you don't see them on my screen shots, but you can see where they would be. And this is just one of many free themes available.

http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...am&action=list

Car Theme:

Main Theme:
Old 09-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Check out MortPlayer. It is free, has alot of skins, runs very smoothly, has an EQ and everything built in, and has a hell of a nice alarm clock with ascending sound so it wakes you slowly. I have used it on my Mogul, Touch and now my Diamond and love it. BTW, I could care less about album covers so you don't see them on my screen shots, but you can see where they would be. And this is just one of many free themes available.
That second skin.... I MUST HAVE IT!
Old 09-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
That second skin.... I MUST HAVE IT!
Well go get it, I even gave you a link It is actually one skin (MorthVista) that is included... and it has four screens to choose from:

Car
Playlist
Main
Navbar

He does a real good job with the app and skin and it runs very stable! Check it out and I am confident that you will like it...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
A few weeks ago, I read this about the M8 (pronounced "mate" or something such:

>>>>>
The interface itself will be built on top of Microsoft's latest windows embedded operating system, Win CE 6.0 which is targeted to enterprise specific tools such as industrial controllers and consumer electronics. Not to be confused with Microsoft's current Mobile operating system Windows Mobile 6.1 (which places far more restrictions upon it's programming) Win CE 6.0 will actually form the basis for Microsoft's next generation of Mobile operating system Windows Mobile 7 which it is said will be heavily graphics driven and gesture/touch orientated. The use of Windows CE 6.0 is also also another 1st I believe for any phone available (in the west anyway).
<<<<<

The M8 sounds really promising. Full article is still available, here:
http://tinyurl.com/4zc8r4
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My eyes are begging me for more!
Old 09-28-2008, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post

http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...am&action=list

Car Theme:

Main Theme:

OMG, this player is awesome. Thankyou so much for posting it.

Now, if I can just figure how to launch it from the HTC Home link...........

~John
Old 09-29-2008, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

12gage is a n00b

does mortplayer have bookmark support?
Old 09-29-2008, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Bell

hipocrazy is becoming a great contributor

It's not freeware but I was recently turned on to Kinoma.
Slick, FAST interface that has album art, shoutcast, youtube (best I've seen) personal photo album, Orb, Flickr etc.
They have a trial which promptly led to my payment for the full app....try it out!

Kinoma Play

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software