PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TMobile Wing
Carrier: TMobile

psunate77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native Facebook Client for Windows Mobile

I can't login It says incorrect password/username.. I did all the allowing too

NeverMind.. Got it

Last edited by psunate77; 09-17-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnifoca View Post
We have added support for finger gestures. In any list view, you can now move your finger east to select any item, west to go back to the previous screen, north to scroll down, and south to scroll up.

Please download and install the update by pointing your phone's browser at http://m.magnifoca.com, and let us know your feedback.

Best regards,
Magnifoca, Inc
Funny, in the past, the app automatically checked for updates and told me there was a new one.

I decided to manually go to m.magnifoca.com and reinstall, however I don't see any difference, and finger gestures are definitely NOT working. Did the update not get pushed to your webserver?

Also, unless its implented like A_C does his scrolling apps, its probably a better idea to just allow a device's native finger scrolling system to take over instead of creating your own.

Otherwise, someone with ftouchflo, for example, would have problems using it because ftouchflo is trying to adjust the scroll bars, and snap2face is trying to use its own touch interface. A similar problem is found with apps like Google Maps, etc, which require finger scrolling, and the solution is to add the program to the "exclude" list in the finger scrolling app config.

The native Touch and Diamond Bio-Touch would probably have the same problem.
Why can't you just use a standard WM window system and scroll bars instead of re-inventing the wheel? An app more native to the OS would probably run smoother as well, not to mention be more cross-device compatible...
Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwoof View Post
using mogul 6.1 and cant log in. An unknown error occured.
I am getting the same thing on my touch. i made a storage folder installed the cert but i cant run spaddcert.exe. when i do install the snap2face application it does say one or more certs have been added. what next? when i ttry to do the update the app just crashes.

Last edited by riironman; 10-14-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

enormous is a n00b

Just a heads-up: My Facebook account was recently disabled because I was using this program. Apparently it shows up on Facebook's log scanner as an automated scraping program. Luckily they re-enabled my account after about a week.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor

I was able to get it to log in once and after that for each step I got the error communicationg problem.

Now I can't even get it to log on.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

yea, getting error while communicating with facebook. oh well. hate that facebook puts out an iphone app, a blackberry app, but not a windows mobile app.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

enormous is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
yea, getting error while communicating with facebook. oh well. hate that facebook puts out an iphone app, a blackberry app, but not a windows mobile app.
Careful with trying to connect too often when you're getting those errors. That's exactly what caused them to disable my account.

No love from Facebook, and also no love from Google for Gmail. What did WinMo ever do to them?!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

mike1224 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by enormous View Post
Just a heads-up: My Facebook account was recently disabled because I was using this program. Apparently it shows up on Facebook's log scanner as an automated scraping program. Luckily they re-enabled my account after about a week.
I know where you're coming from. I just had my account disabled yesterday for the SECOND time. The first time it took about 12 days to get my account back. Their only recommendation last time was to stop using snap2face/skybook. I find that ridiculous.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by enormous View Post
and also no love from Google for Gmail. What did WinMo ever do to them?!
Gmail was fixed back in January 2008. http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/...-Mobile_1.html
Old 10-27-2008, 04:26 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Why do you have to give the program permission to update your status or upload pictures without your approval or without notifying you??? Seems to conflict with the statement that it will not do anything without your permission...
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali

Last edited by NinjaMom; 10-27-2008 at 04:29 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software