PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Chimmer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remote locking/wiping app for Treo 800w?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
Well I had to reset because I could not figure out the password and Sprite support has a 12hr time difference then me. I even tried to remotely unlock it but it denied me. Thank god for dashwire for having my contacts :P
That sucks. I do nightly backups and when I had my Centro, NVBackup and Resco backup pro had an FTP option where you could send your backup to an FTP site.

So, in cases such as yours, all you would have needed to do was to perform a hard reset and then restore from one of the backups.

The Sprite backup that came with the 800w doesn't have an FTP function but you could manually copy a file set to your PC or use Resco Explorer's FTP function to transfer a copy. Resco actually has a backup app for the 800w but it's lacking the FTP function (which is supposed to be added in a future "Pro" version.)

Of course some people think it's overkill to do nightly backups and then FTP them but you can do weekly backups or whatever.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software