PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Kinoma media player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
The player is kinda useless if it can't handle what is on my card however, when WM media player works just fine with it.
~John
Agreed. You shouldn't have to do anything to your card or to your device to get the software to work properly.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: n/a

Charles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
...i'm wondering if those of us who have used the trial with no problems, would also have no issues with the full version?.
That's correct. If Kinoma FreePlay is scanning your media without problems, Kinoma Play will as well.

We know that this issue is affecting a handful of people out of thousands of users, and we're working with those folks to get the problem files and solve this as soon as possible.

-- Charles Wiltgen
Old 08-27-2008, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Charles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
One question for your 101 list: you state Kinoma Play is the world’s second streaming podcast player (we made the first one, too).

Where does Pocketplayer fit into this? I am streaming a podcast as I type this...
Other apps do "play while download", and I have a blog post that talks about some of the differences.

http://blog.kinoma.com/2007/07/featu...ast-streaming/

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
Ill buy if you add XM support
Thanks for the feedback!

-- Charles Wiltgen
Old 08-27-2008, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

John,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Yea, I'll probably try exactly that today just to see what happens.
Great...let us know how it goes! With Palm OS, at least, we know that files and even SD card file systems can get corrupted.

http://blog.kinoma.com/2007/08/tip-o...rd-corruption/

I see that you've contacted our support folks -- thank you for that! If we can't figure it out the problem, we'll make it right.

-- Charles Wiltgen
Old 08-27-2008, 03:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

The 8 gig card I am using is a brand new Sandisk SDHC card (I bought it yesterday), but just for the hell of it I copied the entire contents of it to my work computer today & then reformatted it.

After that, I copied everything back to the card & tried again. Same result exactly (it froze solid in the middle of the scan & required a soft reset), I am getting pretty ed at this point........

One of the biggest problems I see with this app is why does it have to scan every single file in your system??

I have a GPS folder on my card with something like 800 gif files in it, I certainly don't want all of them added to the image directory???????????

~John
Old 08-27-2008, 04:47 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Well, I tried formatting another card (a 2 gig Sandisk) & then loading a few mp3's to it.

With that card installed, Kinoma works fine. As soon as a reinstall any card loaded with serious content (movies/apps/music), the program falls flat on its face however.

I guess I am stuck waiting for a patch/update or whatever, in the mean time I feel like I paid $30 for a not ready for prime time beta software.........

~John
Old 08-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt
Carrier: ATT

patcando is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Kinoma media player

I agree I purchased the full version and love it's features but it does not recognize my pictures or music on sd card. I have a 8525 with WM6.1. I have reformatted the card and reloaded files.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)
Carrier: Sprint

dlbrummels is keeping up the good workdlbrummels is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to dlbrummels Send a message via AIM to dlbrummels Send a message via MSN to dlbrummels Send a message via Yahoo to dlbrummels Send a message via Skype™ to dlbrummels

It is to bad Kinoma doesn't give their loyal customers an upgrade path to Windows Mobile versions.

Coming from the PalmOS, Treo 600, Treo 650 I have had Kinoma Player(s), and Kinoma Producer.

Normsoft, Splash Data, DDHSoftware, and many more offer discounted pricing for customers crossing platforms, not just the last version of one OS to a new OS.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

rangie is keeping up the good workrangie is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrummels View Post
It is to bad Kinoma doesn't give their loyal customers an upgrade path to Windows Mobile versions.

Coming from the PalmOS, Treo 600, Treo 650 I have had Kinoma Player(s), and Kinoma Producer.

Normsoft, Splash Data, DDHSoftware, and many more offer discounted pricing for customers crossing platforms, not just the last version of one OS to a new OS.
They do. I got $10 off for upgrading from version 4 for Palm OS. $30 was too much, but for $20 it's not too cazy.

Do you own Kinoma Player 4 EX? Visit
<http://kinoma.com/support/discount/> and enter your
registration email for a special, limited-time offer.

I had some storage card trouble but locking my ext.rom fixed it. Kinoma would scan the card then go looking for the files I tried to load on the ext.rom .

I wish it would fast forward/rewind with a button like Coreplayer.

Rotating to fullscreen automaticly would be nice too.

Coreplayer handles more media types than Kinoma.

Last edited by rangie; 08-27-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patcando View Post
I agree I purchased the full version and love it's features but it does not recognize my pictures or music on sd card. I have a 8525 with WM6.1. I have reformatted the card and reloaded files.
I have definitely decided this program is much too buggy to be legitimately called anything but a beta release.

I am not going to waste any more time with it at this point & will probably just give up & delete it from my system.

I have tried three different cards at this point & if all I load to them is a couple dozen mp3's it works fine. If I try a card loaded with apps/movies/music etc. on the other hand, the program fails every single time. It either exits before the scan is complete or it freezes up requiring a soft reset.

I wasted my money, but at least I can try to warn everybody else not to make the same mistake that I did..........

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software