PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 09:26 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Kinoma media player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
A lot of customers seem to think it's a pretty good bargain. The fact that it does what typical mobile players can do is kind of the least of it.

For anybody not already subscribed to our blog, here are some videos that give you a taste of what you can do with Kinoma Play:Also, I posted 101 Kinoma Play features and tips today.

As someone pointed out, you can get it for free by checking out with TrialPay. Or, just download Kinoma FreePlay.

-- Charles Wiltgen
$30.00 isn't *THAT* bad a price, except that I have paid $75 for media pprograms already for my phone, but I guess thats my problem

One question for your 101 list: you state Kinoma Play is the world’s second streaming podcast player (we made the first one, too).

Where does Pocketplayer fit into this? I am streaming a podcast as I type this, and am relatively confident that it beat Kinoma Play to market

Ill buy if you add XM support
Old 08-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
At this point, it looks like I wasted $30. The money is no big deal to me, but it irritates me to have paid what I think is a rather high price to begin with for a program that is so buggy it is totally useless to me.........
Man, that sucks for ya. I mean this with no disrespect whatsoever, but i'm glad you posted what you did. Your info just saved me and maybe some others from spending $30 on an unproven app. Quick question for ya. Did you try the trial first and not have any problems? Or did you jump right in and buy it without using the freeplay trial? Thanks for your post. dschoenike

Old 08-27-2008, 09:42 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
After looking at everything this player claims to do, I decided to go ahead & buy it.

I have a Verizon XV 6800 with both a 4 gig & an 8 gig SDHC card
The Kinoma forum has posts from other users with exactly the same problems I am having.........

~John
It appears based on the forums (I was looking at those prior to coming here) that the problems are with the mogul/6800 only and involve a corrupt file on the sd card. I imagine Kinoma will fix that rather quickly
Old 08-27-2008, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Did you try the trial first and not have any problems? Or did you jump right in and buy it without using the freeplay trial?
No, like an idiot I bought it without trying it......

~John
Old 08-27-2008, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
and involve a corrupt file on the sd card.
That is what they are claiming, but mine is freezing on a different file every time (& those files all work fine in other apps)

~John
Old 08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Give him the KICK!!!

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
No, like an idiot I bought it without trying it......

~John
Thanks for the reply. I only asked cause i'm wondering if those of us who have used the trial with no problems, would also have no issues with the full version? Hope they put out a fix/patch for your issue soon.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I only asked cause i'm wondering if those of us who have used the trial with no problems, would also have no issues with the full version? Hope they put out a fix/patch for your issue soon.
I would guess you would be fine, but who knows??

If I have time, I may just out of curiousity try restoring my system to right before the full install (I always make a current BU with SPB Backup before installing any new program) & then install the trial just to see what happens.......

~John
Old 08-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Give him the KICK!!!

please post your results if you do restore, and try the trial freeplay. thx
Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker

If you have an SD card reader, you could attempt to dump off everything on your sd card, reformat it, install some music and try the full version.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:16 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
If you have an SD card reader, you could attempt to dump off everything on your sd card, reformat it, install some music and try the full version.
Yea, I'll probably try exactly that today just to see what happens.

The player is kinda useless if it can't handle what is on my card however, when WM media player works just fine with it.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software