PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

bigmoe88 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigmoe88
Re: Looking for a OBD II software solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealio View Post
So I'm guessing your plan didn't work out? Did you ever figure out a way to get this to work?
I have and htc diamond and obd gauge works perfectly. Scan Tool freezes and doesn't even start up. ill look more into this since i have a diamond now.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

srievley is a n00b

How are you connecting it to the vehicle? I'm guessing a bluetooth adapter. If so, where did you get it. I'm looking for something like this.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

yes a bluetooth adapter, i got one off of ebay earlier this summer. i have the link for it posted earlier in this thread. I was looking for software that will give me information such as mpg's and such, but i cannot find any.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

well the easy fix to find mpg is fill up, take down your miles, fill up again and take your miles then the miles traveled / gallons of the second fill up = miles per gallon.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
well the easy fix to find mpg is fill up, take down your miles, fill up again and take your miles then the miles traveled / gallons of the second fill up = miles per gallon.
I already do that, but it would be nice to have instantaneous MPG's just by looking at my phone while I'm driving.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
I already do that, but it would be nice to have instantaneous MPG's just by looking at my phone while I'm driving.
ahh, my car tells me that already while I am driving. its a pain to figure out real actual though using it because when it shifts from 8-4 cyl it jumps around alot.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro2

Briz600 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
ahh, my car tells me that already while I am driving. its a pain to figure out real actual though using it because when it shifts from 8-4 cyl it jumps around alot.
Shifts from 8-4 cyl ?
Old 11-25-2008, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

yea newer 8 cyl engines turn off cylinders when power isnt needed to increase mpg.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 11-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Sprint)

KristerK is a n00b

Some of the recent Honda 6-cylinder engines can also deactivate down to 4. Most manufacturers are afraid to go below 4, however, because engine dynamics change quite a bit at 2 cylinders.

Back on to PPCs, I would love to be able to have a wireless always-available display possibility in my car, but the autoenginuity people claim that the more intricate sensors (beyond simple OBD-II) require a full-speed USB connection: http://www.autoenginuity.com/products-hardware.html I wonder if this is snake oil talk from them, or if it's valid.

I also wonder if the bluetooth adapters from others can be left plugged in? Would be fun to just hop in and pull out the PPC, set it on the console and go
Old 11-25-2008, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

There isn’t that much information that would require a full out USB connection. I left my Bluetooth OBDII adapter on overnight and never had any problems, but I eventually installed a switch from Radio Shack to turn it on and off manually when it was plugged in. Now I just leave it on and flip the switch whenever I need it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software