PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

catsstink is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best contact manager for Windows Mobile

I am new to posting (so be kind). I looked all through the site and couldn't find anything dedicated to contact managers for windows mobile phones.

Anyways, I hate the windows 6.1 contact manager on my Sprint Touch, so i went looking. I found "FUN CONTACTS" (http://iwindowsmobile.com/contact-manager.html). It's fast, looks good and the buttons are all thumb "smashable". the contacts can easily be flipped through, it's great. I just wanted to throw this out for anybody else looking for a really good contacts manager. You can download a trial version and check it out. So far i really really like it. anybody else with other good contacts managers?
Old 08-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work
Re: Best contact manager for Windows Mobile

Have you tried iContact? Pretty fun. Lots of versions at that "other" forum.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

FingerFriendlyFriends has been my contact manager of choice for several months now. It has a DRMWYT (Doesn't Really Matter Where You Touch) interface, fingertip scrolling and GPS features

http://www.jotto.no/fff/

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

My vote is icontact! But you also have PCM contacts to out there.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

catsstink is a n00b

cool, i haven't heard of that. I'll give it a look
Old 08-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

catsstink is a n00b

Thanks, i'd like to give it a look, but the link you provided comes up with an error...? is there a mirror site for it?
Old 08-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

catsstink is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk6 View Post
Have you tried iContact? Pretty fun. Lots of versions at that "other" forum.
sweet, that looks pretty good... i'll have to install and see how it works!
Old 08-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Icontact burt edition
Old 08-02-2008, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor

It's not a popular choice, but I like PhotoContacts Pro.
It's a little bloated, but has a lot of features. Most importantly to me was full screen incomming call notifications. The little postage stamp on a compariatively large screen didn't make any sense to me.

* seperate ringtones for calls & text messages
* very configurable timed profiles to set/change volumes, filter calls, block, reject, hang-up (makes it appear number is disconnected) monitors your schedule and can set mute/vibrate for meetings...
* finger(nail?) alpha scrolling, catagory sorting
* Today screen plug-in w/Favorites, recent calls & active profile.

The downside is it is 1.2M in memory. So I don't always keep it loaded. But it can grab one of the (contacts) softkeys and load on demand.

I have mine set to a "normal profile" during the day, at lunch, it kicks all calls except my "core" group, friends and family to voicemail, then back to normal at 1pm. 4:45p when things get noisy at the office, it maxes ringer volumes for an hour. During the evening, it drops volume at 8, again at 10-11.. and around midnight, mutes everything 'till 6:30am the next day.

At the movies, I select my "Theater" profile, and calls are muted for 2 hours, going to voicemail with an SMS auto-reply to cell phone users.

There're perhaps 15 more blank profile slots available on mine, I just haven't found a reason to assign more.

Additional info and a trial available at PocketX.net.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I use to use pocketcm. However, now that WM6.1 already threads messages, I stopped using it.

I vote for iContact solely for the grid button you can press. It brings up a screen with the alphabet and you just press the letter you desire. I find this way more practical than scrolling along the right side of the screen with your thumb. (however, iContact has that feature, too.)

One con of iContact is that it doesn't display the picture of the person untill you press on there name. pocketcm does display miniature pictures while you are scrolling.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software