PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint

bob13bob is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Call Recorder

This is not illegal, in some cases you need to inform them. This is very valuable as I record conversations with customer service (since they always lie and never follow though).

most states require only 1 party consent. This means only either caller or person being called needs to know about it to be legal. Some states require both parties to know about it.

List of 1 party/2party states. Under "State Laws (Table)" here.http://www.callcorder.com/phone-reco...aw-america.htm
Old 11-14-2008, 01:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

setabs is a n00b

Check with you state laws first. I know someone that lost their job for recording phone calls on his land line in his house. The feds got involved and he was let go. Definately say to the csr that you are also recording the conversation. Have them clearly pronounce their name what call center they are from and maybe an employee id of some sort. i would test the sound quality with a friend before hand though.

Try this program it looks promising. http://1800message.com/products.aspx

Last edited by setabs; 11-14-2008 at 01:36 PM. Reason: because i can
Old 11-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by setabs View Post
Check with you state laws first. I know someone that lost their job for recording phone calls on his land line in his house. The feds got involved and he was let go. Definately say to the csr that you are also recording the conversation. Have them clearly pronounce their name what call center they are from and maybe an employee id of some sort. i would test the sound quality with a friend before hand though.

Try this program it looks promising. http://1800message.com/products.aspx
I call total BS on this.

There is NOTHING illegal about recording calls.. .nothing whatsoever.

The problem is that some states don't accept recorded calls as legally admissible in court, unless both parties are aware and/or consent.

anytime you get a recording that says "if you wish not to have your call monitored, press 0"... guess what? they're still recording it.. They just will record the fact that you're not giving consent, so they can't use the call against you in court.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:41 AM
MLU
N00b

MLU is just getting started

It's not illegal, but it may be inadmissable in court unless the recording was done with the person's knowledge and/or with prior court approval.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
You sound like the police lol...why do you want to record your conversations ..and i think it's illegal to record someone without there permission......but oh well lol i think the voice recorder that comes with the phone does that. While on a call just go to the voice recorder and press record. Hope this helps
ummm.....wrong, you sound like an idiot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Youngbreed's right. It's illegal to record a phone call without the other party knowing about it. There's exceptions, but I won't bore you with the details, so you might want to think about it before you do it.
no, youngbreed's wrong, but please bore us with the details that you obviously don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Actually it is illegal in most states in the U.S., however there are a small handful that could care less. An important thing to note that whether it is illegal in the state that you are in or not, nothing recorded over the phone (without expressed consent from the other caller) is inadmissable in court.

That said, Resco Audio Recorder does a good job...
again, just wrong, but atleast you pointed him in the direction of the software he wanted.

don't listen to these people, they are talking out of their a$$es. it is perfectly LEGAL to record a phone conversation ANYWHERE in the USA. there is ONE stipulation that will cover your *** in the few states that require it.....some states require the person recording the conversation to notify the party being recorded before the conversation starts. that is why whenever you call pretty much any corporate # they start off saying "this call may be recorded blah blah blah". without this disclaimer, the recording *could* not be admissible in court in some states.....although, that would depend on how much of a tight a$$ the judge presiding over the case was.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:29 PM
N00b

setabs is a n00b

So who can explain this: http://articles.latimes.com/1999/jul/31/news/mn-61313
Quote:
The indictment handed up by a Howard County grand jury accuses Tripp of knowingly violating Maryland wiretap law by taping a 1997 conversation without Lewinsky’s knowledge and then illegally disclosing its contents to Newsweek magazine. If convicted, she could get a maximum of five years in prison and a $10,000 fine on each count.
Charges were later dropped after a judge barred Lewinsky from testifying.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint

flaka05 is a n00b

which program can i be able to use that would actually record calls that would actually work?
Old 11-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
again, just wrong, but atleast you pointed him in the direction of the software he wanted.

don't listen to these people, they are talking out of their a$$es. it is perfectly LEGAL to record a phone conversation ANYWHERE in the USA. there is ONE stipulation that will cover your *** in the few states that require it.....some states require the person recording the conversation to notify the party being recorded before the conversation starts. that is why whenever you call pretty much any corporate # they start off saying "this call may be recorded blah blah blah". without this disclaimer, the recording *could* not be admissible in court in some states.....although, that would depend on how much of a tight a$$ the judge presiding over the case was.
Where exactly do you get your all knowing knowledge of phone recording laws for the U.S.? You certainly speak like you know what is going on but to someone like me who knows the facts, you obviously woudn't know to answer the clue phone if it was in your hand ringing.

I am basing my post on multiple conferences for IT security and privacy laws as well as numerous discussions with multiple corporate attorneys. I am in charge of IT at my company and therefore in charge of our call recording solution. My post was dead on accurate in that some states have no (current) laws regarding call recording while others only require one party to be aware of the recording process. There are, however, a (small but growing) number of states that require both parties to be alerted of the recording process.

There are also laws governing intrastate and interstate call recordings, which make it much more convoluted and would be impossible to get into great detail here. That and I am NOT an attorney and would not presume to know all of the rules in all of the states. However I do know what I am talking about and have backed it up with factual proof in the links below.

Please do us all a favor and do your homework the next time you want to post conjecture on a forum. And if you don't want to do your homework, at least have the decency to assume that you are wrong and don't make wild guesses p@ssed off as fact that could ultimately cause a legal issue for other people.

Here are the facts from mulitple web sites, the first of which is the FCC:

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/recordcalls.html

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/states.html

http://www.callcorder.com/phone-reco...aw-america.htm

Last edited by rainfreak; 11-17-2008 at 05:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
ummm.....wrong, you sound like an idiot...

no, youngbreed's wrong, but please bore us with the details that you obviously don't know...

Um, please say you were just kidding. And to think you called someone else an idiot. You sound like Sarah Palin trying to explain how "being closer" to Russia aids her in the field of National security.

Rain Freak you are absolutely correct. OP, for your own sake do yourself a favor and disregard this guesstimate of call recording laws. RainFreaks answer is dead on, so please follow the links he posted and see for yourself.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterd View Post
i know texas is one of those.
North Carolina is Another!!! lol =D>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software