PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Lurker

bake is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the deal with SiriusWM5??

I have been using SiriusWM5 successfully for awhile and a few weeks back it crapped out. I haven't had much time to fool with it but over the last few days I have and am getting nowhere. The website has a new version out dated yesterday and it doesn't work either. I just get a connection failed everytime before getting to the validate image section. That makes me think it isn't account oriented but more likely a config issue b/t the client and the Sirius streamer. But just in case I changed my account user names and passwords to lower case as their installation instructions suggest if a connection can't be made and nothing improved trying that. I have 2 accounts and both users names wouldn't get to the validation page, just the same old connection failed. I have uninstalled and soft reset and tried installing to the storage card also and nothing there either.

I was using a lot older version previously and I read on treocentral where hannip suggested using an older version and that hasn't worked either. I have gone and dumped all Internet Explorer cache and history also. I feel like I have hit a lot of different angles and can't get anything but what I had previously, no connection!!!!

Is there a new client by somebody else out, maybe? I don't use TCPMP, I used it originally and it worked for a short time then for no apparent reason it stopped working so I switched the player setting off TCPMP and WMP took over and it has worked forever until this deal recently. Is there any chance of a registry entry anybody knows of that I could clear or edit that will make this gizmo work again. I am really wanting it to work now that hannip got the AD2P going. Between the threaded sms app and the AD2P that dude is a warrior! Thanks for any ideas on a solution.

Bake
Old 03-10-2007, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael
Carrier: Sprint

allanak is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to allanak Send a message via AIM to allanak Send a message via MSN to allanak Send a message via Yahoo to allanak
I haven't really used it recently, but I'd inquire on their forums:

http://forums.geekstoolbox.com/

SERO 1250 + unlimited text, TEP and free Airave <$55/mo
Old 03-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Lurker

gizmopilot is a n00b
I've been using v1.7.8.24719 virtually every day (including today for several hours).

I know they have posted a newer version on 3/8 I haven't installed that version yet.

To download the current version you need to register on the ppcgeeks_com forum and they have a thread dedicated to posting the latest versions.

Good Luck

Edit:

Apparently there where some issues with Sprint users, the latest version now works - I'm listening to it now.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:52 PM
N00b

litwick87 is a n00b
didnt know i could do this, just installed siriusWM5 and it works great!

what is the difference between using it with and without that tcmcp thing?
Old 08-04-2007, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Destructor is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by litwick87
didnt know i could do this, just installed siriusWM5 and it works great!

what is the difference between using it with and without that tcmcp thing?
Consider this a bump as this is a great program to have for us unlimited data Sprint users, assuming you have Sirius.

To answer your question though - all TCPMP does in this instance is allow you to have another way to play the music stream. Personally, I find staying away from the built in Media Player a good thing, so I prefer using TCPMP. It's small, fast, and can play a lot of different formats (music, movies, etc).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software