PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Okta)
Carrier: TCNZ

MattOktaNZ is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera vs PiePLUS 2.2

I keep hearing rave reviews about Opera but Ive loaded it a couple of times and thought what a crap app... am I missing something? Is opera mini or mobile the one to get for the touch?

Are there any Opera fans out there that have used PiePlus as well and find something better about it?

Main thing I want is to be able to view normal web pages and browse around as if it were on a desktop.. I like the zoom feature of PicSel but the browser is a bit unstable.

Last edited by MattOktaNZ; 07-07-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Juicy rom R5

LoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuff
Re: Opera vs PiePLUS 2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOktaNZ View Post
I keep hearing rave reviews about Opera but Ive loaded it a couple of times and thought what a crap app... am I missing something?

Are there any Opera fans out there that have used PiePlus as well and find something better about it?

Main thing I want is to be able to view normal web pages and browse around as if it were on a desktop.. I like the zoom feature of PicSel but the browser is a bit unstable.
I like Picsel, too. Don't know how to go back though. Really want Skywire. Signed up for next Beta, but its taking too long!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

go for opera mobile try to find the latest build that is ttruly an awesome browser
Old 07-08-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Okta)
Carrier: TCNZ
Threadstarter

MattOktaNZ is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer_Moore View Post
go for opera mobile try to find the latest build that is ttruly an awesome browser
Okay to be honest I've just tried Opera again and it does render a particular site better the PIEPlus so I might give it a shot for a while
Old 07-08-2008, 12:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

SkyFire will be the best.....go sign up for the beta and see if you are picked
Old 07-08-2008, 01:31 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Opera Mobile is the best hands down in my book, full web browsing, tabbed browsing, uploads, downloads, quick and smooth (at least on my part) im using the latest 1409 and i have little need of a desktop to see my pages, upload and download in rapidshare, myspace, download music, you name it!!! (ive even made blingees in my mobile )

Skyfire sucks cuz the zoom feature is primitive, no upload, no download, no tabbed browsing, and if you lose connection (for example a phone call) you cant reconnect unless you restart the browser. honestlly, if it dnt have the full flash feature (the reason of all the hype) nobody would even bother with it having Opera available

my two cents
Old 07-08-2008, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

truthaee is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to truthaee
Talking Re: Opera vs PiePLUS 2.2

Yes it definatly looks like Opera is the winner every since I got my TITAN on cricket thanks a great deal to the wonderful folks on this site I have used Opera to browse this site my first post though this is mos def a tight browser indeed
Old 07-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I'm a huge fan of opera mini 4.1 for quick browsing, reading, and some downloading because it's lightning quick. I mainly use skyfire for the flash video and such, and use pie-plus for most of my downloading needs. Every and all versions of opera mobile 9.5 that have been available, don't seem to work well with my mogul, probably cause of the low ram (so i've been told). I'm really hoping the opera mobile 9.5 beta being released on july 15, works better for me, because on paper it should be the best all around browser available for wm phones. But, i think skyfire may just end up being the "must have" browser once it's out of the beta stage and is fully functional with all the capabilities skyfire says it'll have. I think its a great time for all of us wm owners, because there's alot of great browsers to choose from, and it'll only get better. dschoenike

Old 07-08-2008, 05:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch sprint

mg48 is a n00b

I still dont get the Opera greatness either. You have to zoom in and move around to see anything. To me that's worse than dealing with the one column setting of PIE. I only use opera and skyfire on the few occasions that I can't see a button to login into a bank site or something. I do like the features that PIE+ brings to PIE, but I haven't purchased it because I'm hopefull the next version of PIE will include some of the features.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Ghettobob is a n00b

Opera blows PIE Plus out the water.
My only problem with it is typing. Whenever I try to input words from the hardware keyboard. It types two letters then just stops. It gets very annoying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software