PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Mini Opera Tweak Inquiry

Is there a way to tweak Opera Mini so it wonj't ask me for permission everytime it connects?

I get two options
Yes, allow but ask next session
Yes, allow but ask next time

I would like to not have to answer this question everytime I use opera Mini. Installed latest version.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:24 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Mini Opera Tweak Inquiry

Try this it will fix that and give you a short cut. Hope that Helps. Thanks T M Z

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29538
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinsbest View Post
Is there a way to tweak Opera Mini so it wonj't ask me for permission everytime it connects?

I get two options
Yes, allow but ask next session
Yes, allow but ask next time

I would like to not have to answer this question everytime I use opera Mini. Installed latest version.
There are signed versions of Opera Mini that you can download directly from Opera (mini.opera.com)... I use the mutiple certificates one with no problems, and it no longer asks if it can use the internet.

(that's actually one of the newer features of Opera Mini 4.1, is that they have signed versions to download)

Edit: on my mogul (not sure if it's like that for everyone) when I goto mini.opera.com from PIE you have to click on If this version fails to install or you like to install a previous version, please click here.... once there you have options to download Opera Mini Mutiple certificates (works best for me), Verisign certicate, Thawte certifcate.

Last edited by pdx77; 06-26-2008 at 07:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Try this it will fix that and give you a short cut. Hope that Helps. Thanks T M Z

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29538
I would have gone with this version if I wouldn't have had various programs linked to Java. Thanks for the reply. I did download the cab for future instalations.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
There are signed versions of Opera Mini that you can download directly from Opera (mini.opera.com)... I use the mutiple certificates one with no problems, and it no longer asks if it can use the internet.

(that's actually one of the newer features of Opera Mini 4.1, is that they have signed versions to download)

Edit: on my mogul (not sure if it's like that for everyone) when I goto mini.opera.com from PIE you have to click on If this version fails to install or you like to install a previous version, please click here.... once there you have options to download Opera Mini Mutiple certificates (works best for me), Verisign certicate, Thawte certifcate.
I used your suggestion and it worked perfect I have an HTC touch Sprint and I click on the first option the Multiple certificates one and now I was added the option to allow the program net access and not to be asked again... So my issue has been resolved... Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software