PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Kaiser

kyububba is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: JiveTalk Alpha

Folks,

For feedback on the JiveTalk build, please shoot an email to winmosupport@beejive.com.

We'll also be monitoring these forums, but an email is usually the best way to get a response from us.

We are aware of the "unable to save log" problem, and are looking into it. Also, if you don't have a standard OS install, make sure you have .NET CF 3.5 and SQL CE installed, though these should all be standard on WinMo Pro 6 or 6.1

Also, the product is in early Alpha, lots of features are still missing and you should expect to encounter some stability issues from time to time.

Thanks,

Kai from Beejive.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:10 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

can someone post a link so i can get .net CF 3.5 and SQL CE installed on my device? thanx in advance
Old 03-22-2008, 07:32 PM
When will then be now?

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

well here is the .net Compact Framework - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I still dont know where to download SQL CE from though. any ideas guys?

Last edited by imneveral0ne; 03-22-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Very cool looking program. What sold me were the screenshots. See if you can figure out where you have heard of those contacts before, lol.

Last edited by muyoso; 03-22-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

ventowtf is just getting started

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

SQL CE?
Old 03-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul

snowflakep1980 is a n00b
Question Re: JiveTalk Alpha

hi guys - i downladed the app and it works fine - EXCEPT... i can't type letters - it's as if the shift key is being held down - every time i type a letter -the symbol (if the shift button was actually held down) comes up. for example... if i type the letter Y - or attempt to type it - the number 1 pops up on the screen =/ - i unclicked everything and this wasn't the first time this happened. when i had im plus the same thing happened - the only way i could type was w/ my stylus - using the keypad icon which is VERY time consuming... please help someone!
Old 03-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Kaiser

kyububba is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflakep1980 View Post
hi guys - i downladed the app and it works fine - EXCEPT... i can't type letters - it's as if the shift key is being held down - every time i type a letter -the symbol (if the shift button was actually held down) comes up. for example... if i type the letter Y - or attempt to type it - the number 1 pops up on the screen =/ - i unclicked everything and this wasn't the first time this happened. when i had im plus the same thing happened - the only way i could type was w/ my stylus - using the keypad icon which is VERY time consuming... please help someone!
If you're on a UTStarcom 6800, there is a known problem with the firmware on the device related to the hardware keyboard.

UTStarcom has a patch for this here -> http://utstar.com/pcd/downloads/XV68...x%201-9-08.zip

Hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Tried this program for a couple days now. Absolutely LOVE it, but it certainly CRUSHES your battery. I would normally last about a day and a half to 2 days on a full charge, but while running Jivetalk alone, the phone lasted around 12 hours.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

titans6 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to titans6 Send a message via Skype™ to titans6

is it posiible to get the black berry version to work on non blackeberry phones....for example the sprint touch....if so can u explain to me how to....

Thanks alot.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:36 AM
When will then be now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventowtf View Post

I installed that on the computer, but it didnt install anything to my phone. thanx for the link though. anyone know of another one? or something that im doing wrong with this one?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software