PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19
Re: Personalizer ... Now hosted here at PPCGEEKS ... Change you carrier name app... F

hello all:
first id like to say what a great app you made. here is my problem. i am running a custom wm 6.1 rom that i cooked in DCD's 3.0.1 kitchen for my verizon XV6800. so of course i have sprint logos everywhere. i am ocd so that annoys me lol. so i installed personalizer 3.1 cab, then i made a folder in my documents called mortscript.. where as u guessed i put the mortscript zip, i also placed the 3.0 oem files in there as well. i ran the personalizer from the programs folder and it worked, i soft reset my phone and my sprint logos came back... what am i doing wrong? thanks all

Last edited by rhannahs19; 03-28-2008 at 03:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO Plan)

MKyles is just getting started
Talking Re: Personalizer ... Now hosted here at PPCGEEKS ... Change you carrier name app... F

App works wonderfully...thanks Cody. Although I do have one question....my home plugin is integrated w/ultimate launcher but the personalizer forces the plugin in addition to the already present launcher on my today screen after a soft reset. I downloaded the 3.1 cab. How can I make it stop?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO Plan)

MKyles is just getting started
Re: Personalizer ... Now hosted here at PPCGEEKS ... Change you carrier name app... F

A quick soft reset fixed that problem...but now the MortScript delay causes my phone to freeze up and then go to the active sync page. It completely freezes and I can't do anything, not even use the power button to shut up. Can someone please help?
Old 03-30-2008, 12:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhannahs19 View Post
hello all:
first id like to say what a great app you made. here is my problem. i am running a custom wm 6.1 rom that i cooked in DCD's 3.0.1 kitchen for my verizon XV6800. so of course i have sprint logos everywhere. i am ocd so that annoys me lol. so i installed personalizer 3.1 cab, then i made a folder in my documents called mortscript.. where as u guessed i put the mortscript zip, i also placed the 3.0 oem files in there as well. i ran the personalizer from the programs folder and it worked, i soft reset my phone and my sprint logos came back... what am i doing wrong? thanks all

you did not need the mort stuff or the oem files. these were just for those who needed this style for cooking roms. you sound as if you are just running normal cab file type installation.

one thing to keep in mind is after you run personalizer, you have to wait 60 seconds before a soft reset. this app is changing a registy key. registry changes take a minute to fully write. this is why you need to wait a minute. normally you wouldn't change it right before a reset.
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 03-30-2008, 12:48 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKyles View Post
App works wonderfully...thanks Cody. Although I do have one question....my home plugin is integrated w/ultimate launcher but the personalizer forces the plugin in addition to the already present launcher on my today screen after a soft reset. I downloaded the 3.1 cab. How can I make it stop?
Quote:
A quick soft reset fixed that problem...but now the MortScript delay causes my phone to freeze up and then go to the active sync page. It completely freezes and I can't do anything, not even use the power button to shut up. Can someone please help?
279 downloads and you are the first. dont take this the wrong way but i think your problem is a user error. lol.

the poster before you was also missunder stood when it came to what files you are to install.

what exactly did you install? when you say mortscript what do you meen? how do you know?

i would love to help but need to know more. if you would... lets take this to PM's in fact i want you to send me the apps that you are also using like the ultimate launcher.

this versoin is solid. i have a few darn good beta testers as well as 279 downloads with no problems. i have spent over a hundred hours on this app. not to say there wont be a new version... i just dont think it is going to be due to bug fixes.

Pm me and well get you going.

cody
Old 03-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
you did not need the mort stuff or the oem files. these were just for those who needed this style for cooking roms. you sound as if you are just running normal cab file type installation.

one thing to keep in mind is after you run personalizer, you have to wait 60 seconds before a soft reset. this app is changing a registy key. registry changes take a minute to fully write. this is why you need to wait a minute. normally you wouldn't change it right before a reset.
.. i said i was running a custom rom, anyways i desprintized my phone reflashing with ther verizon rom and a whole bunch of jargon, i still think its a great app, keep up the good work
Old 04-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

glfpro is a n00b

Quote:
I agree, great app. but I am having the same issue. I have only downloaded the 3.1 version and I also have the UL with my home plugin integrated. After a soft reset I have to go into settings/personal/today to uncheck the Home plugin because it comes up twice. This happens each time I have to soft reset. I have had no other issues. I am running the stock rom on the Touch.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700

cody another great app

w\quick question what are the other 2 apps on ur today screen. i like the weather app
Old 04-04-2008, 03:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

you're the man, I hated looking at telus every day
Old 04-11-2008, 09:55 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markppc6700 View Post
cody another great app

w\quick question what are the other 2 apps on ur today screen. i like the weather app
the weather app is Xcast. you can find it here. 3.2 version is the lastest and greatest.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software