PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 07:08 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
the opposite of logmein

is there a service that will allow me to control my pocket pc from my computer remotely? as in not having it hooked up though a cable and doing it over the internet? I tried a google search but it turned up with nothing much. thanx in advance to anyone that has any ideas.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ventowtf is just getting started
Re: the opposite of logmein

mymobiler. it lets you connect to it via IP or activesync. it's free and awesome
Old 03-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, mymobiler is great but I wonder if he meant over the web. It would be kind of neat to control your PPC from work if you left it at home or something but I haven't run into any programs that let you do remote desktop to a PPC. I'd imagine someone could write a java app like logmein uses but I don't know what other barriers there are to something like that.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor

If you knew your mobile phone's IP address, couldn't you use mymobiler over the net? You'd need to know what ports it used and make sure they were open on any firewall, but otherwise I don't see why you couldn't do that...
Right. Did a quick test of this, didn't work. I think that incoming traffic may be firewalled on Sprint's side of things. If true, you won't be able to do this no matter what program you use (unless it samples for open ports or something). I think it would work if you were using the WiFi behind somebody else's router though. Can't test this right now. If anybody knows, post and share.

Last edited by qbunnie; 03-13-2008 at 03:32 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor

Scratch that.
Tested again, and got it to work. Pretty sweet, really. All you have to do is make sure MyMobileR is already running on your mobile device. Here's a step by step rundown (I'm assuming you've already installed MyMobileR):
1)Open MyMobileR on your mobile device.
2)Click on the icon and hit IPConnect to get your mobile device's IP address. Click OK (this step isn't really necessary, it is just to get your IP address)
3)Open MyMobileR on your PC
4)Rt click on the tray icon and click on IP connect
5)Type in your mobile's IP and wham-bam, your connected.
6)Double click on the icon and you've got yourself a remote desktop style window.

Remember, the port needs to be open on any firewall, both software and hardware.
The port used is 1004 (at least on mine...)
This is especially sweet since with the Rev. A upgrade, uplink is signficantly faster, making this type of connection a hell of lot easier to work with.

Rep it up if you think this is useful!

Last edited by qbunnie; 03-13-2008 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:29 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbunnie View Post
Scratch that.
Tested again, and got it to work. Pretty sweet, really. All you have to do is make sure MyMobileR is already running on your mobile device. Here's a step by step rundown (I'm assuming you've already installed MyMobileR):
1)Open MyMobileR on your mobile device.
2)Click on the icon and hit IPConnect to get your mobile device's IP address. Click OK (this step isn't really necessary, it is just to get your IP address)
3)Open MyMobileR on your PC
4)Rt click on the tray icon and click on IP connect
5)Type in your mobile's IP and wham-bam, your connected.
6)Double click on the icon and you've got yourself a remote desktop style window.

Remember, the port needs to be open on any firewall, both software and hardware.
The port used is 1004 (at least on mine...)
This is especially sweet since with the Rev. A upgrade, uplink is signficantly faster, making this type of connection a hell of lot easier to work with.

Rep it up if you think this is useful!

thanx alot man. i'll be sure to try this when i get home
Old 06-03-2008, 04:09 PM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dc is just getting started

When connecting MyMobileR (v1.23) via ConnectIP, I have to disable ActiveSync. Otherwise, everything would appear to work, but there would be no actual Internet connectivity.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software