PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Lurker

EskimoPie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WeatherPanel : Access from other than today screen?

Is there any 'executable' command that I can run to bring up a weatherpanel screen? I'm using Wisbar Advance Desktop and on my main page I don't have the weatherpanel today screen app running. I would like to have a button on the main page though that can bring up todays weather details... Is there anything I can run such as "weatherpanel.exe -today" which would bring up such a screen without accessing the today screen app itself? Looking in the weatherpanel directory, I don't see any executables that might have such functionality, just .dll's. Does anybody know of a way I can do this?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Re: WeatherPanel : Access from other than today screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoPie
Is there any 'executable' command that I can run to bring up a weatherpanel screen? I'm using Wisbar Advance Desktop and on my main page I don't have the weatherpanel today screen app running. I would like to have a button on the main page though that can bring up todays weather details... Is there anything I can run such as "weatherpanel.exe -today" which would bring up such a screen without accessing the today screen app itself? Looking in the weatherpanel directory, I don't see any executables that might have such functionality, just .dll's. Does anybody know of a way I can do this?
As you saw, WP is comprised of dll's that run only as a Today plugin.

You can accomplish what you want by running the WP plugin on your WAD desktop. If you used a small theme that showed the current weather icon and temperature, for example - when you clicked on it, the WeatherPanel detail windows would display, giving more details...
Old 01-24-2007, 02:52 PM
N00b

PocketChange is a n00b
Or, to expand on what Storyr said, you could also create a separate "virtual page" in WAD, have an icon on your main WAD page to switch to your VP. There you could have WP as a full page plugin if you wanted to!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

EskimoPie is a n00b
Yeah, I think a full page weatherpanel layout on another WAD virtual page is going to be the way I end up going. I'm still trying to find a good full page layout (I'm clueless about creating my own). I've found the Wiki of weatherpanel layouts, but does anybody have a recommendation about a full page layout on a 320x240 device?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:08 AM
VIP Member

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoPie
Yeah, I think a full page weatherpanel layout on another WAD virtual page is going to be the way I end up going. I'm still trying to find a good full page layout (I'm clueless about creating my own). I've found the Wiki of weatherpanel layouts, but does anybody have a recommendation about a full page layout on a 320x240 device?
Have you checked out Doreen's "Vista Alive" theme? It's really quite a site to behold:

-

Get it here.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

goldeneyej is a n00b
Hello guys!
i downloaded the vista file but i need instruccions how to install it in to my device, i did extrated all files but i dont see any icon that says setup or install. THANKS
Old 02-03-2007, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneyej
Hello guys!
i downloaded the vista file but i need instruccions how to install it in to my device, i did extrated all files but i dont see any icon that says setup or install. THANKS
I take it you already have WeatherPanel and WAD (WisBar Advance Desktop) installed? If not, then go research these programs first.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software