PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 10:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touchpro
Carrier: sprint

hemdosh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
question about zip files please help

I have a dumb question. I tried to search the forum but couldnot find the answer. I downloaded some games in zip files. They are in the zip folder. However I cannot get them to work. I tried to extract the files but that didnot work. What do I need to do? I have sprint mogul. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Re: question about zip files please help

After you unzipped the folder, what type of files showed up(.exe, .cab, etc...)?

A .cab needs to run from your device, a .exe needs to run from your PC with your device connected

If a whole bunch od wierd looking files appear, then you need to change the .zip to either a .cab or .exe.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 03-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.
Carrier: Sprint

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

Some games are .exe files designed to be run from the phone. They are no install games and are rather popular. Like budney said however if they are .exe and do not run then install them on your computer and sync with active sync.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

The issue could also be that you don't have zip file support on your device. You'll need to get a program that will do that before you can open the file. Then, as the other members stated, you'll look for an .exe or .cab file and run the program from there.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Lab Rat

The touch has a built in .zip handler, I am not aware if the mogul does as well but I would assume they are rather similar.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

hemdosh is a n00b

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. When I unzip them they are .exe files. I actually initially downloaded them on my PC and then onto my mogul with activesync. Maybe I am not doing it right. I downloaded the zip files thru activesync. Do I need to unzip them on the PC before syncing it with activesync?
Old 03-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Lab Rat

Unzip the files on the computer and run the .exe from the computer. The next time you sync it should install the app.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

hemdosh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldthng842 View Post
Unzip the files on the computer and run the .exe from the computer. The next time you sync it should install the app.

Thanks. i will try it tonight.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:35 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

hemdosh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldthng842 View Post

I feel like an idiot. I extracted the zip files on my PC and then dragged the files into activesync to transfer to my mogul. Now when I open the file in mogul message comes up that this application is not supported on your ppc. This happened with two different games from 2 different sites. What am I doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:43 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemdosh View Post
I feel like an idiot. I extracted the zip files on my PC and then dragged the files into activesync to transfer to my mogul. Now when I open the file in mogul message comes up that this application is not supported on your ppc. This happened with two different games from 2 different sites. What am I doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
What games? Are you sure they work on your processor? 6700/6800/6900 are all ARM processors. You might also ask in the games thread located here...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6789

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software